View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: black mouth at pnp Reply with quote

Sunday the 6th sark took me up on my offer of a day fishing in the Susan E. along for the ride was my son james and my friend alex. So we hit the water at everett about 7:30 am. In goes the boat and out we head into what had to be the smoothest water i have ever seen in the north sound. We decided to head for point no point because i have never fished it and the weather was just perfect. as we rounded posseion we headed in to fog. Now again if this had been my old boat i would have stopped right there. but with the radar i was able to see that the area was free of boats . as we got closer to pnp the fog lifted and we were treated to sun and flat seas all day long. even thou i have never fished this spot i knew what i wanted to do because of all the reading on web sites and books. Troll on the bottom, with the tide in 150 to 90 ft until you find them. when you get down to the house on the beach (south) pick up and run to the light house and start over. Sark got a chance to see just how good a c-dory fishes with four people on board. Well the salmon cherry on SusanE in fully busted. Two black mouths, one 11lbs one 7 lbs. sark was nice enough to let alex real in his first black mouth on his rod . we tried until 3pm for a salmon for my son but no luck. two black mouth this time of year is a good day in any book. weather was smooth the whole ride home too. 40 miles plus trolling for 6 hours and only 15 gallons of gas. i love this boat.

Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Blackmouth Reply with quote

I want to thank Tom again for taking me out. I had a blast and really enjoyed hanging out for a day on the Susan E. It was my first ride on a C dory and I must say I was impressed with the layout of the boat and the way Tom has outfitted his. My first time on a boat with such a good navigation system, radar, autopilot, etc... The weather was awesome sunny and flat all day. Just enough fog to see the benefits of a radar for a couple mins. And then back into the sun. Lots of boats at PnP and saw a couple fish landed. As Tom said got those two nice blackmouth, and just overall had a great day.

Sark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: