View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: dinghy's again Reply with quote

Hi,
Everyone is different, we went with a Bombard MAX 2 AERO a div of Zodiak.7'10 PVC 3 person, 5 year warranty, it is a roll up, weighs 55 pounds inflatiable keel and floor. Rolled up size 37"X 19" X 9" $929 from Defender. Comes with foot pump,oars,seat,bag etc handles up to a four hp 60 pound motor. I was told if you use the foot pump by the time you get it blown up you will be too tired to go anywhere. Angry Inflatiable floors require a little better pump,(because of the additional pressure required) I opted for a 12volt on with alligator clips to connect to a 12 volt battery. A good high pressure inflator deflator West Marine $200. 2.5 hp Yamaha 37 pounds no reverse unless you spin the motor 180 degrees $799. Suzuki's 2.5 hp is 30 pounds but was not available locally.
D.D.

breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend the Alaska Series Inflatable Tender 240TDS.
7’10” long
45lbs
837lb payload

Jim King is the owner and a great guy to do business with, he personally stands 100% behind his product.

When he first started having his boats made overseas 3 years ago there was a few problems, I have one of those boats.
-The plastic in the ore locks was too hard and they eventually broke, he replaced with new improved.
-The valves were defective because of a bad mold, he repaired and future valves are flawless.
-The kicker brackets had a cross bar welded in the wrong spot, he replaced with proper unit.

These are the only faults in the early models made overseas I am aware of, his current line in top notch.

We go to shore most every day in this tender, drag over rocks and barnacles with no problem. It’s our 3rd season with the boat and no regrets.

The online prices are 50% inflated or more from his show prices, he’s not updated the web site for years. I think you can buy this boat at show price for like $1100 with grizzly bottom, worth every cent.

Get the grizzly bottom if you buy, makes the boat indestructible; you don’t want a blowout ashore with your boat floating in 40 degree water.

It would be nice to have a sport boat configuration like the Zodiac with drain plug, but haven’t found one light enough and durable enough to withstand the harsh treatment we’ve put this tender through.

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Dinghys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: