The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Well, I got my Boat, But...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
triehl27

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ponchita
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Well, I got my Boat, But... Reply with quote

I was looking SO hard for a 16' cruiser, BUT in the end I got a beutiful Arima 16; Sea Explorer. I really kinda felt the Cdory's cabin was a bit small compared to teh Arima. Furthermore I wanted a boat to pull a tube behind and have the cockpit in the open air. The Cdory just wouldn't do it to my satifaction. 50HP CDory vs. 75hp Arima I love the design of the Cdory but I had to prioritize.

I hope to be able to get time off to par take in the Jarrell outing. I love the aerial photos of the area and look forward to exploring Puget Sound in the Arima.

My Original Specs for my ideal Puget Sound Boat:
-Good fuel Economy, PAST had a 85HP evin at 9GPH, 19gal tank
-One person handleable, PAST 19' Offshore Fiberform, w/85hp evinrude.
-Excellent seaworthiness, PAST had that loved it, 9' waves never a splash on the windshield
-Overnight Capable, PAST No Overnights unless you wanted the floor between 4 pedestal seats
-25-30MPH cruise, Don't wanna take all day. Also want to pull Tuber or Skier.

The 16 CDory was Ideal til I sea trialed one and it just felt too small, and 19 too big.

16 Arima worked out beutifully.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting the boat you want...I don't think you will find anyone here knocking Arimas. Sounds like you did exactly the right thing, decide what was important for you and then sea trial several boats to see which one meets your needs best.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Arima Reply with quote

I too made that same choice a while back. I was looking at both the CD 16 and the Arima 16 and I went with the Arima as well. Thay are great boats too. Of course now I've come full circle and as I'm upgrading to a larger boat decided on the CD 22. In the smaller size (16) arima does really seem larger, but I believe it's a whole foot wider than the CD. Only downside is no hardtop. Do you fish at all? If so you will really appreciate the fishing amenities that an arima offers. Congratulations and enjoy your new boat.

Sark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: