The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Floor Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akroyd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Floor Boards Reply with quote

A question for those with the factory floorboards. How difficult or bothersome is it to remove them to wash underneath if one should be lucky enough to catch a fish and it chose to bleed out in the cockpit? Just bought a new to me C-Dory and am trying to deal with fact that I don't like the feel or look of the Drideck that I inherited.
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: floorboards Reply with quote

Do you have the fiberglass decks from C-Dory that they built for 05-07 ?If not then you have many options .We used plywood and put 2 coats of resin on and then rugged over it Thumbs Down .If doing it again I would have used marine ply and put cloth and resin on it . It held up for a few years I sold the boat in6 /08 .Another option is using a fiberglass board and tabbing it into the hull .

If this is to much then I've seen the c-22 with decking and dri deck like you have look through the photo album you will see lots of options good luck . We bought a cape cruiser no need to build up rear cockpit .

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifting the floorboards is not a problem. I just kneel down on the one not to be removed, facing the other floorboard and lift it out be means of a small cutout located on the centerline (one at each end). They can be a bit cumbersome, but are easily removed.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a set they don't like and want to sell? I need to buy or build them for my 2000 22 cruiser. I called the Seasport/C Dory factory last week and Jeff told me all they make are molded one piece in the new 22. Apparently they don't have or couldn't find the mold for the 2 piece floorboards.

CAVU has pics of his floorboard construction in his folder. I plan to use trex for runners both fore and aft and 1/2 inch baltic birch plywood covered in epoxy and then painted with a gray, rubberized sealer used on decks. My friend uses that product on his deck and is holding up well.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
akroyd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Floor Boards Reply with quote

I asked Matt at Kitsap Marine about the availability of those 2 piece floor boards and he got back to me yesterday. He said he was told by Sea Sport that they could be purchased if ordered and even quoted an approximate price. I guess further information from someone is needed to confirm which of these conflicting answers is the correct one. I believe I too would be interested in purchasing that system.
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then, that sounds good. I guess they did some more looking into the inventory of molds they purchased. Did Matt give the approximate price? If not, Matt will probably chime in here, which would be appreciated.
Swee Pea

City/Region: Bath
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Swee Pea
Photos: Swee Pea
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valkyrie wrote:
Lifting the floorboards is not a problem. I just kneel down on the one not to be removed, facing the other floorboard and lift it out be means of a small cutout located on the centerline (one at each end). They can be a bit cumbersome, but are easily removed.

Nick
"Valkyrie"

Yep. Just as Nick says. Easy to get out and clean. Not really heavy, just large. I lift them out by myself and lift them over the side to the driveway. Likewise, I lean them against the boat/trailer and lift them into the boat. Not a problem. Scrub them and the deck under them. Clean! I am glad I bought them when I ordered my 22' Cruiser. Clean look and really have a low profile.

John
Swee Pea
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt chiming in:

I am figuring around $750 or so, not counting any shipping. There may be some fitting required, as each boat can have minor variations in deck shape.

If ordering from a dealer, see if they'll have them shipped with their next boat to save shipping costs.

It might take Sea Sport awhile to find the molds, but Jeff thought they should have them with all of the stuff they got.

360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: