The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

What is the recommended capacity (in people)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Byte wrote:
Just checked with the weather bureau and it is supposed to hit -50 in places on the valley floor. OUCH!

Well, you all were invited to the SBS. It was right around 100º warmer there.

You guys are cracking me up with all this senseless banter. I love it. There have been over 100 messages posted today, and while 7 of them were of a serious nature and contribute to the value of this resource, the rest have been just plain fun and make this Pub what it's meant to be. Thanks.

My take on this subject of this discussion? Four adults can cruise comfortably all day in a CD 22 Cruiser. Well, three of them wil be comfortable - the other guy has to sit in the sink.

Salmon trolling on the Columbia and out to the ocean is good with four people, so long as one is at the helm and only three poles are fishing. When sturgeon fishing at anchor, we often fish four poles with no problem other than the minute or so of chaos when one of them hooks up.

Our very first trip in the 25 at greater than idle speed was at Cornet Bay when we had an impromtu-turned-official CBGT for the occasion of my delivering the boat to Les for some motor work. There were six adults on board, plus a dog or two. Pat was out on Daydream and got a little ticked because I wouldn't answer his radio hail. Really, Pat - I wasn't ignoring you, I just couldn't get to it.

Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, 95% of the time I am fishing with just two rods for salmon, one off each downrigger. Three people on board, I consider ideal. One at the helm and the other two handling the serious stuff. Halibut fishing is another deal. Up to 4 people and 4 rods is cool. Me, I absolutely love to fish, but in truth I get every bit as big a kick, maybe more, seeing some one else hook up.

Hey Mike, senseless banter? This is serious stuff we've been talking.

And yeah, I know I blew it by not taking a break last month but it's so cold up here that my dog won't go out to pee unless I drag him out of the house and my poor little wife isn't big enough to drag him. What else could I do?

I'll look for some pics of your custom storage projects on Tyboo 25 Cruise Mama.

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and Dan-

Wow!!! That's cold. What a contrast! It was 74 degrees on Shasta Lake yesterday afternoon. T-Shirts and (if I'd had 'em) shorts! Hope it thaws out sometime soon up there! Stay busy on warm projects for the Spring! Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
dogon dory

C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, frankly, I don't understand the question. Further clarification would have to wait until i've had more coffee, re-read your query and my post, see where I mislead you, or why, and if you had both oars in the water when attempting to interpet the literal content of my abbreviated epistle.

Joe, as you can see we are frequently dealing with a limited options in our ability to work and play, on and with, our vessels up here, largely due to the extreme climatic condition imposed, by the big weatherman in the sky. Offsetting that, somewhat, is the fact that the summers are
nice ( though short) and the days are loooooong. Everything is a trade-off. Make sure you have lots of sun blocker on when your soaking up those rays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Boating Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: