The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fresh water Pump problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid's Inheritance

City/Region: St. Johnsbury
State or Province: VT
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Journey
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Fresh water Pump problems Reply with quote

We bought our C-Dory last fall, and the fresh water pump's wonderful placement in the bilge caused it to fail. We called the dealer where we purchased our C-Dory, and he is no longer selling or dealing in the brand. Given the purchase by the new company of C-Dory assets only, I'm not sure what recourse we may have to replace this pump. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same problem and it was replaced w/ this: JAB 31395-0092http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/ln_menu/product.asp/Ntt/pumps/product_id/135618/No/10/N/4294966052/Ne/6/catalog_name/FISCO/R/2855/act/A01/mode/1/Ntx/mode+matchpartial+rel+Inactive/Ntk/All
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Fresh water Pump problems Reply with quote

Kid's Inheritance wrote:
We bought our C-Dory last fall, and the fresh water pump's wonderful placement in the bilge caused it to fail. We called the dealer where we purchased our C-Dory, and he is no longer selling or dealing in the brand. Given the purchase by the new company of C-Dory assets only, I'm not sure what recourse we may have to replace this pump. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Makes no difference about the change in ownership. The pump has/had a 1 year original mfr warranty as do a lot of things on new boats. Many have relocated that pump, so a little searching around and you'll find out a lot. I'm sure many will chime in with what they have done. This is not a difficult or expensive fix.

If it's less than a year old, call and contact the pump manufacturer.

Good luck and welcome to the site!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=8845&highlight=pump
There's more info there.

I ended up raising the replacement pump up off the bilge bottom via a cheezy, home-made, stainless bracket; it's a work in progress
Laughing . I also replaced the hoses. I then drilled out the original 4 mounting holes, tapered them and filled them with epoxy resin. No more water intrusion.
designbug

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
Vessel Name: Bella II
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the failed water pressure pump in my 2007 CD25 with the Jabsco "marine" Model #31395-0092. I mounted it on top of the battery shelf, which isn't ideal but seems to be a much better location than the bilge. I haven't had any problems with it since I replaced it in May 2008.

Thanks, Dick
Kid's Inheritance

City/Region: St. Johnsbury
State or Province: VT
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Journey
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. We are ordering the Jabsco replacement pump, you know, the one for "For marine use replace with.....". My husband will be mounting it beside the batteries. We appreciate all your input! We appreciate this site!
Edward Thieme

City/Region: Boulder
State or Province: CO
Vessel Name: Rambler
Photos: Rambler
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Fresh water Pump Reply with quote

Before my pump had problems I read about the problems on this site so I moved the pump to the top of the battery shelf next to the battery.
I have spent about 1 1/2 years on my 2007 C-25 and have 1600hrs on the engine. The pump has been used a lot and is still going strong. I also added a hose fitting in the outboard well so I can connect a hose and spray nozzle for a fresh water rinse when swimming in salt or dirty water. I am amazed how much water the pump can put out.

Ed on "Rambler"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: