HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Trailer rollers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken 120

City/Region: Sea Isle City,
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Trailer rollers Reply with quote

Happy Labor Day to All-in the Northeast we have a 15 mph winds out of the NE and some rain:

I need to replace some rollers on my trailer-Load Rite-UV after four years did some of them in- bought the replacement rollers directly from the CH Yates Co.

Can anyone provide me with basic instructions or direct me to a web site showing the replacement process- the removal of the pin in the front of the roller has me baffled.

Thanks

Ken
cemiii

City/Region: Alamo
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: The Last One........ III
Photos: The Last One, III
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, I just replaced all the old washers and hog rings on an ez loader. I do not know if the load rite's are the same or not. They look to be the same at trailer parts superstore.

If they are like the ez loader ( squeeze clips "hog rings", that go front and back of the wobble rollers with washers inside them) they pry open very easily with a big flat screwdriver, twisting just enough to get them off. Depending on their condition you may be able to reuse them but mine were corroded and I just replaced mine with new. For reassembly, you can bend them back into the little holes easily with a big set of adjustable jaw pliers.

Wait a while to see if you get a first hand answer from someone who knows load rite. But if this sounds the same, it might get you started?

Chris

cemiii

City/Region: Alamo
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: The Last One........ III
Photos: The Last One, III
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like on 2003 and later models, Load Rite did away with the outer hog ring and washer on each roller in favor of an integral nylon arm spacer with an outside cap that appears to be all fastened to the arm with one hog ring on the inside of each roller.

I see your boat is an 01, but the 4 year reference may mean a newer model trailer. I just noticed they are a little different after '02.

Which ever model, you should be able to remove one hog ring and pull the roller off. Pretty easy job (assuming there is no boat on it!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: