View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fairbanks Fisher

City/Region: Fairbanks
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: C-Squirt
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: 22 Angler Rear Bulkhead Reply with quote

Does anyone have access to info, line drawings, for the rear bulkhead for a 22 Angler. I notice that most of the more mature models came with what appeared to be a wood rear bulkhead with standard windows and door. I'm considering fabricating one from a fiberglass sheet material and having the door and windows made up by Sea Glaze. I almost had a deal put together with Liquid Marine to fabricate and install what they called the Alaska bulkheads but they went away before we could get underway.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers! Smile

2008 22 Angler
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, of R-Matey fabricated a beautiful bulkhead and door for his 19 footer. Check out his photo album. If you PM him, I'm pretty sure he would point you in the right direction.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Catch 22

City/Region: Lynnwood
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Catch 22
Photos: Catch 22
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be pulling my bulkhead out and redoing it this winter, its as rotten as it gets, it looks very easy to take out and from there i think you could trace it pretty easily and cut new parts from the fiberglass sheet using your tracing as a pattern, i will be glassing mine to the hull so any rough edges from the cut will be hidden by glass, what kind of sheet are you using?
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just did the bulkhead on the 22 classic. Beautiful job, and will send pics... don't have any right now. Teak-faced marine plywood, and with a few coats of Cetol looks much better than new. Now if I could just afford some Catch 22 saddle tanks! Laughing Laughing

Dusty

Fairbanks Fisher

City/Region: Fairbanks
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: C-Squirt
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the photos from Joe posted. Quite a project and it turned out very nice.

I am looking at a couple of fiberglass sheeting manufacturers that make a single piece large enough to span the entire bulkhead. I have not quite nailed down a sheet that has the finish I'd like. I am also considering aluminum but that would probably require building more of a thin partition/wall vs heavier gauge single thickness welded aluminum with holes/frames for the Diamond Sea Glass windows and door. As you can tell, I'm still in the research phase.

Kevin and Dusty, if either of you have any pictures of how the bulkhead was cut that would be great. I don't think I am going to try to glass in the bulkhead. I like the idea the Toland Marine proposes regarding a removable bulkhead on the Marinaut. That would be nice for season changes. I'd like to see a finished shot of how that boat is finished. I don't know if they have any production boats with that kind of bulkhead at this point.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll post more as the project comes along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Documents All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: