The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

19', C-Dory or other help!! we're new and ignorant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flapbreaker wrote:
Oh by the way 2 40hp honda's don't cost $12,000. I found them for $4,100 each online.

boat $30,000
engines $8,200
Trailer $3,000 (seems inflated for such a light boat but i'll assume you bought the top of the line or something?)

If you found the 40 HP for $4,100 each online, then you should jump on 'em.

I just looked up the C-Dory Factory's "2003 C'Dory's 22' Price List" and read the following.......

Twin Honda 40 Four Stroke Package.........$11,500.
Trailer (Galvanized EZ-Loader Roller 3700 lb capacity....$3,280.

C-Brat #16
New Hampshire Guy
Dealer

City/Region: Meredith
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Photos: New Hampshire Guy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small engine note.
1) That's a great engine price. You may want to buy them just to resell them. The profit alone will pay for your electronics.
2) You are quoting engine prices alone. Now you have a C-Dory in your driveway and a couple of large crates with engines. Installation includes gauges, trim indicator and sender, fuel filter, throttles, cables, and rigging labor.
3) Reread SNEAKS comments about the Harley. It is perfect. Also, be happy you are out on the West coast. East coast instantly adds $2,000 for shipping, and there are NO used 19's. Supply and demand determines price. Everybody wants one and the factory can only make so many. Almost nobody gets rid of theirs unless they are trading up (reminds me of my last girlfriend). Sounds to me like you want a new one, which will be exactly what you want. Congratulations in advance for your wise choice.
Good Luck,
John
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flapbreaker wrote:
Hey, Didn't mean to to offend anyone for their asking price. I still don't see why just because it's a C-dory why all the other equipement should retain such a high value. I'll eccept that the boat it'self might hold near retail value but nothing else should. Just my opinion. Oh by the way 2 40hp honda's don't cost $12,000. I found them for $4,100 each online.

boat $30,000
engines $8,200
Trailer $3,000 (seems inflated for such a light boat but i'll assume you bought the top of the line or something?)

Total. 41200.00 plus I still have almost 4k to outfit the way I want. And full warranty. So I guess value is in the eye of the beholder. Some upgrades are only upgrades to those who wanted them in the first place.

Not really offended... just trying to give you good, sensible advice. I wish you good luck in obtaining your CD. Let us know how it works out.

Roger on the SeaDNA

flapbreaker

City/Region: Hillsboro
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Playin' Hooky
Photos: Playin' Hooky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for all the advice. Seems like everyone is happy with their C-dory's. Don't know if anyone wants the link to where I found the motors. but here it is.

http://www.iboats.com/sites/senecalake/site_page_1950/

It could wind up being a hassle I suppose but it appears that there are deals to be had if your willing to do a little footwork. Cheers.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to add in the rigging and instrumentation on those engines.....you're right Flapbreaker in that the value is in the eye of the beholder. a person has a right to ask whatever price they wish, the true value of the craft is what it sells for. These boats are near new and rigged up nicely and offer the ever popular "instant gratification" option, it will be interesting to see how these three similar boats sell.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flapbreaker wrote:
Don't know if anyone wants the link to where I found the motors. but here it is.

Out of curiosity, I called these folks up. The phone was answered by the advertiser, Seneca Marine. When I inquired about the advertised 40HP engine at the obviously "too good to be true" price, I got a terse response directing me to another phone number and "the woman who is handling those."

Calling that number, I got an answering service for a construction company. That was enough for me...

If you want to risk your hard-earned money on a possibly shady deal, have at it. Me - I'll buy from an authorized Honda dealer, who can provide service after the fact, and make sure the full factory warranty is in effect. There have been numerous reports of shady Honda deals, either rental units with thousands of hours, or Canadian motors (which carry NO warranty in the US.)

Add to that, I've been told authorized Honda dealers are not allowed to ship outboards, and when advertising, must adhere to minimum advertised prices - all the more reasons to be suspect of these motors. I'm sure there's an authorized Honda dealer reading this thread who can comment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: