The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Hi All, New C-Dory owner and Brat here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbits Hutch

City/Region: Seal Beach, CA
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: Rabbit's Hutch
Photos: Rabbit's Hutch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Hi All, New C-Dory owner and Brat here Reply with quote

Hi All,
Two years ago I began a search for the perfect pocket cruiser that would allow me to start exploring the Pacific Northwest. It was the dream you all seem to share. For two years I walked the floors of the Seattle boat show. During the 2004 show, I fell in love with the C-Dory line but simply wasnt sure how I was going to afford such a purchase on my military salary. Well, this year my search came to an end. Last weekend at the Seattle boat show, I simply couldnt help myself. With a patient and sincere group effort on the part of our local dealer/manufacturer, I'm now a very proud and beaming C-Dory owner. I cant say enough about those folks. There is something to be said for a family owned business in wich everyone is sincere and supportive about these great boats. For those of you who attended the Seattle show, you may recall seeing the 16' cruiser with hunter green trim. I'm happy to say that I'm now her proud owner. In about two weeks, I will be taking delivery of her and preparing for it's first cruise. As I've never taken her out yet or experienced any boating beyond Fort Lewis' American Lake, it sure would be nice if I could come along on the next available outing/cruise event.

For electronics, a Raymarine RAY54 VHF radio will be installed along with a Raymarine C70 gps chartplotter. The RAY54 will display and transmit my GPS location in case of any unexpected "event" on Puget Sound. I selected the C70 as it will allow for future expandability if ever a depthsounder/fishfinder or radar is desired. I also plan on having a 12v cigarette lighter type socket installed.

I'm planning on a custom gas tank and would love some input from the group. The C-Dory folks and I are looking at installing a gas filling cap, a vent, and instead of the two removable 6 gallon tanks, installing a fixed gas tank of about 20 gallons. They seem very excited about this idea. Also, the battery will be moved to a new location under one of the seats. I'm thinking the passenger side to assist in weight distribution if ever I'm on a solo cruise.

I'm wanting to purchase the camper canvas. I've been doing my homework on your web site and know I should get stainless steel, and seek an easier entry/exit panel on the sides. Money is an issue here so we'll see how that ends up.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better during upcomming cruise events and with my excitement, I seem to find myself on the web site daily.

Please dont hesitate to come over and say hello. My new 16' Cruiser will soon be wearing her name "Rabbit's Hutch."

Gary R.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right Gary! Just stay tuned here, there will be LOTS of opportunities for local boating! I LIKE the idea of the fixed 20 gallon tank on the 16'! We had a tank like that on our (uh) 16' Smokercraft, and it really extends the range...I don't know why that has not been tried before now...the camperback is an excellent addition, just ask Brock on Bambina!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Gary! Good for you!

I am not even able to consider the February cruise up there, but I can still say, without reservation, that you are not only welcome, but encouraged to be a part of any C-Brat Cruise you can make. Anywhere in the country. You are about to meet a bunch of wonderful people. Prepare to be amazed! Prepare also to be even more amazed at how great a choice you made in picking out a boat. She'll be everything you want her to be, and you will never look back.

Congratulations! And thanks for letting me sit in your brand new C-Dory and relax with a few other CBs last weekend. She's a beaut!

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Gary! I had the same exact boat, except a 97 model for my 1st C-Dory and have often wished I had kept her...too. It just amazed me that without trying to sell her someone from one of the 2 C-Dory owner sites offered me withing about $300 of what I bought her for...and had used her a lot in the 2+ years I owned her. They hold their value and are tuff boats.. The built in tank sounds neat...and, that boat is so easy to slap on a trailer, pulling her out to avoid the "overkill" prices at the marina is no problem at all.. Go ahead and get 2 props... I found it was needed with the 50 hp motor... A lot of difference on that boat when 4 folks my size (240#), coolers, gear get loaded up... I had a 10 and 13 pitch props...but be REAL CAREFUL with the 10 if you do not have weight on the boat...you can over-rev in about 1.5 boat lengths...but, you can still go when loaded. You will simply love that boat! I used a patio pop up umbrella in the back of mine on real hot days at anchor...and simply let it down and tied her down on the gunnels/side while underway. If gave me shade, and rain cover, with ZERO extra dollars spent...but I did have to glue some of that "no-slip" stuff for kitchen drawers onto the bottom of the heavy weight to keep the weight from moving around while under way... and a cord tied between the back of the two top hand rails for "stabilization" when the wind got up a bit...OK...yes, I did attempt to troll a bit in the up position...but not too successfully... hard on the umbrella...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: