The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

painting the bottom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hank schneider

City/Region: blowing rock
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Ditch Witch
Photos: Ditch Witch
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: painting the bottom Reply with quote

Hi Guys & Gals
My barnical removal will end with me sanding with 400 emory to get the little circles off. What next? Can I repaint like the factory does? Or am I looking at bottom paint any suggerstions?? Specific products?
Thanks
Hank
Wallkerbay

City/Region: virginiabeach
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: HUNKEYDORY
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Bottom Paint Reply with quote

From my experience with boat bottoms. First sand the entire bottom with 80grit sandpaper. Then apply 2 coats of InterLux InterProtect 2000E. It comes in two colors. White and gray. I am warning you, that once it is mixed use it fast .A paint rollor with a fine mat works best. Use only stuff that you want to toss. 2000E is an epoxy based paint.Then you can apply 2 coats of bottom paint. For more information go to Interlux web site. I do not know how to to do links. Hopes this Helps. hunkey dory.P>s. It is alot of work Then You Can leave your boat in the water ,you will have some groth but not that much .Take it from some one who tride it both ways. Smile
Catch 22

City/Region: Lynnwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Catch 22
Photos: Catch 22
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did my bottom pretty much like neal said, and yes i believe interlux is the way to go, i trailer my boat so have never used real bottom coat, i just used the strongest interlux epoxy available, which by the way is really strong, i let some dry beween a work bench and a piece of wood on accident and trying to free the wood, i could lift the bench which is a few hundred pounds, the stuff is sticky and drys hard and fast...good luck, i have stands i put my boat on to paint the bottom, if you are near by, you are more than welcome to borrow them so you are not working around the trailer, pics in my album...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: