The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

No trim tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: No trim tabs Reply with quote

When I was trying to trim the boat on plane I realized that I didn't have any trim tab control. When we pulled into Prevost Harbor on Suart Island I opened the hatch and saw that the resevoir was empty on my Bennett system. The nut leading to one of the tabs had come loose and emptied the fluid into the bildge.
I was able to borrow some transmission fluid from a nice buy on a huge tin boat on the dock and get the tabs back in service. It always seemed that I carried everything and two of most but live and learn. I will be adding transmission fluid to my list of spares.

Fred
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mt InstaTrim trim tabs do not work either. I have trouble shot the wiring, pump, switch etc. and narrowed it down to the switch. I called the InstaTrim company and they are sending a new switch....gratis....to try if I send the old one back.
Great company. THanks.
Jack

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: