The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/05 - 06/07 - Chesapeake Bay Gathering
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anne-B

City/Region: Suburban Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: ANNE-B
Photos: ANNE-B
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: 06/05 - 06/07 - Chesapeake Bay Gathering
From 05 Jun 2009 to 07 Jun 2009 (included)

Would like to get the 5th Annual Chesapeake Bay Gathering on the Announcements. June 5, 6 & 7, 2009. Lankford Bay Marina - Rock Hall, MD. How do we go about that? A sign-up page would be good too. We usually get about 30 boats.
This year we are looking for '50 on the 5th' and the only way this will happen is if everyone who has ever come to the Chesapeake Gathering comes to this one.

More later. Mark your calendars now and start making plans!

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyboo Mike or Bill will do it for us. I think we're all out in Seattle now for SBS09 but it'll get done soon. Talked to the new Pres, Rich Findley about sending someone to out CBGT and he said he'd think about it.

Charlie
Heading for VA in the morning....

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill/Mike: We need a signup sheet for Langford for this year. See Anne-B post above!

Thanks...btw, great to see both of you at SBS. When is the new site coming on line??

Charlie
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill/Mike, thanks for the event setup for this gathering. The link to the "Discussion" needs to be fixed though, it currently is

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?p=10689

which takes us somewhere into the hinterlands, instead of here.

Thanks!

Charlie
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The link to the "Discussion" needs to be fixed though

Try it now.

Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike Laughing Exclamation Works as advertised now!!

Charlie
Anne-B

City/Region: Suburban Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: ANNE-B
Photos: ANNE-B
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Chesapeake Gathering Reply with quote

Well, looks like we are going to have a planning meeting in Rock Hall for this year's gathering early in March. By then the cold weather will be out of the way and we will be looking forward to boating weather!
We are open to suggestions for things you want to do or see this year. This will be our 5th annual C-Dory Gathering. Last year we had a few Ranger Tugs, and this year we want to extend the invitation to any others that may be in the Chesapeake Bay area.
Of course we will be having the Pot Luck Supper on Friday night and Saturday night dinner and maybe something special for Sunday morning. More to come.
Tom McHugh is again this year taking time from his busy schedule to head up the committee. You can e-mail him with ideas.

Doug & Anne
DoryLvr

City/Region: Cape Charles
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Litl' Tug
Photos: Litl' Tug
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: What Goes On here? Reply with quote

I'm a new C-Dory owner after 5 years of looking at them. Can anyone tell me a little about what to expect from a gathering? Being in Hampton Roads at the Southern end of the Chesapeake Bay, I would probably have to trailer up, any ideas there?

"The art of seamanship is never allowing yourself to get in a situation where you have to know anything about the subject."
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 16 might be a little smalll to make the trip on the water. We have had a 22 come from Portsmouth a couple of times up the Bay and a 25 at least once. We come from mouth of the Potomac, about 105 miles or so.

Typically some start arriving as early as Wednesday or Thursday but the first "scheduled" function is a pot luck dinner on Friday night. Some go out on a short cruise on Saturday, many up the Chester River to Lunch on Saturday, lots just stay around and look at each others boats and the things we've done with them. Saturday night is usually crabs and hot dogs/hamburgers. Terry from NY brings special redhots and whitehots (the hotdogs) which are great. Everyone brings drinks to share.

Terraplane Tom is an accomplished musician and serenades us, many times with a group od his friends. For the past couple of years, we have all had kazoos and last year tried to form a marching kazoo band. Found out we kazooed better than we marched..... Shocked

Sunday, folks start leaving, some hang around until Monday, usually a bunch get together and do a short cruise over to Baltimore or around the upper Bay.

We have a great time, sure hope you can make it. We usually have a 16 but not many so we'd like to have you just to round out the crowd. So far we have 7 boats signed up, two of them are Ranger 25 tugs. It's a great time to look at the other models and pick out what you want next.

Go to the top of the page and get on the list, look forward to meeting you. There will be more posted shortly with directions and the Marina phone number to reserve a slip. It's a great marina, pool, etc. Plenty of things to do in the local area!

It's a great place to meet the folks you know on the site, one year El and Bill (of Halcyon fame!) came, great folks. Byrdman usually comes, if he can this year, I think he'll probably bring his Rosborough 246. Most years we have at least 1 of nearly every kind of C-Dory and Ranger Tug that's made.

Charlie
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ltl' Tug -
Charlie's description is great - the Gathering is just a wonderful time for friends to visit, sing a'long with Tom's great music, enjoy good food ... but most of all good companionship.

You may not have the time with work or something, but the Gathering is a great excuse to take a long cruise -- like from your homeport to the Gathering. It can be done on a 16 (we've cruised long distances with companion 16's) and can be a delight, if you take your time, explore places en route, and stay in harbor during weather episodes). You may want to put together a flotilla of CD's and cruise together north and south - an enjoyable experience for us, with evenings anchored and sharing sundowner chats, security to have others nearby while on the water, and just good sharing all the way. If you have time and interest, let others know your cruising north/south and you might find others who like the idea.

But, bottom line, the Gathering is a time for companionship and good times. No matter how you get there, we know you'll enjoy it.

DoryLvr

City/Region: Cape Charles
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Litl' Tug
Photos: Litl' Tug
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tidbits of info. I am going to try and make it, so far looks like I am free. I have the canopy and complete enclosure for the back, so staying aboard isn't a problem.

Crusing up is another thing. I am thinking that just a cruise from Hampton Roads to the Eastern Shore of VA is going to be quite the adventure for me, being new to cruising.

Still, I can make a great chili for the pot luck and I play the fiddle, so sounds like I might fit in with the crowd. Very Happy
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Terraplane Tom doing his thing, one of my favorite shots from our 2005 visit to the Great Eastern Shore Gathering. This was possibly a once in a lifetime trip for us, some of my best C-Dory memories, especially the week cruising the Chesapeake after the gathering.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: just saw the info Reply with quote

I just logged in and found the entry on a 16ft'r makingthe trip..That may be up for question, but the fact that he is a fiddle player makes it important that it be risked...if not be water, then by trailer! Definitely come.
And Pat, love the picture. Brings back great memories.

Im enjoying the Ranger 25 and plan some good trips this summer on the more than 36,000 navigable miles here on the Bay.

Hope your crab collection is growing.

tom (terraplane)
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: just saw the info Reply with quote

terraplane wrote:

And Pat, love the picture. Brings back great memories.

Hope your crab collection is growing.

tom (terraplane)

Boy, you find out things every day here! All this time, I didn't know Pat collected Crabs.... Shocked Don't think I woulda sat next to him if I had known.... Rolling Eyes

All the same, wish he and Patty could make their way East again!

Charlie
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: just saw the info Reply with quote

Not strictly related to the Chesapeake, since these are dungies! Here is a little bit on our crab collection... And do not be surprised to see us back on the Chesapeake in a few years!

Captains Cat wrote:

Boy, you find out things every day here! All this time, I didn't know Pat collected Crabs.... Shocked Don't think I woulda sat next to him if I had known.... Rolling Eyes

All the same, wish he and Patty could make their way East again!

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: