The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

My Rule-Mate 1100 bilge pump sucks...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea Dave. I think we ought to find something a little milder for the name though. Angie's List , for example [at least on the Right Coast] contractors and service companies, good and bad. In view of one of our more upstanding members and in view of her recent experience, I think our list should be called........ PATTY'S LIST . It's just a little more classy than your name or even "PATS list"!

Whadda You think??!

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Charlie - our bilge pump is one thing that DOES still work as far as I know!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't JUST for bilge pumps! Be careful saying that about anything, find some piece of wood to knock on!! Thumbs Up

Happy New Year, Cocktail hour is just getting underway on the Right Coast!!

Charlie
eNORMous

City/Region: Beaufort
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Antibody
Photos: Antibody
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree - a forum of vendors, merchandise, dealers, service(s) which did not meet expectations would not be a bad thing - although, it would not be called suck(y) this or that - it requires a higher level of English nomenclature to be effective.

If we were to develop a forum of this type (e.g. Dissatisifed Vendors, Merchants, Products, Dealers, etc) it would only be fair to create a forum of Satisfied Vendors, Merchants, Products, Dealers, etc).

To be truly effective, we'd need something of a rating system as well: (1) High Satisfaction, (2) Good Satisfaction, (3) Marginal, (4) Dissatisfied (5) Very Dissatisfied; and, it should contain a comments area and require the model number, name of prouct, vendor, dealer, merchant etc so that comments are truly meaningly and not simply venting arenas.

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: My Rule Mate 1100 bilge pump sucks Reply with quote

Hello,
When she got the top off the shower-box, she had me take over. The bilge pump that’s supposed to drain the shower-box was running, but not sucking. And that sucks.

I ran a flexible grabber-tool through the water line to see if it was clogged. Nope. Joan took the hose and ran water in from the outside to try the same thing. Nope. This really sucks. I took the pump out of the base and tried to operate it manually... water squirted everywhere. Yep, that sucks.

OK, so we know the pump is working... kinda. I pulled the hose apart to see what was going on with the diaphram in the hose; it’s a type of one-way valve that lets water out, but not back in. Seems that it has sealed itself shut, since we haven’t used the shower in quite a while. And that sucks. We were able to get that open, but there was scum in the strainer of the pump. And that sucks, too.

With everything cleaned out, the shower-box started sucking like it’s supposed to. That doesn’t suck.

The above from one of Jim's earlier posts about just one of his pump failures, at the risk of appearing glib this was the reason for the name of the failed products and places to visit meant to be a joke of sorts. Go the politically correct route if you feel it's best. Sometimes humor is the best medicine.
D.D.
eNORMous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you about the humor and agree sometimes humor is the best answer - no issues/worries on that. However, as "others" who don't know us, aren't familiar w/ our candor, and aren't members might be cruising our site, it just might provide more of a clear meaning of the intention of the forum. Good points you make though.

Looks like I'll be ordering a new Rule-Mate come Monday.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm not too thrilled with the idea of a forum for "bad products" or "bad vendors". What I've found when looking for almost ANY product on the net is that good reviews are rarely posted and bad experiences are often posted. For example, around Thanksgiving day, I looked at a variety of dishwashers and the associated reviews and user comments on various sites. For every major brand/model I could easily find numerous users who complained about something and vowed never to buy that something again. With all the negative reviews on essentially ever model I was interested in, I gave up and spent some $'s to re-register for consumer reports online. There I found testing and data that compared models and which had a lot of information on the average rate of repairs across various models. Now for certain items, items which many of us have, such discussions can be very useful since we can find out if one user's experience is representative or if he/she just had bad luck with a particular item. From this thread, we have a somewhat inconclusive discussion with many having few to no problems with their Rulemate bilges pumps and others (Jim in particular) having many. Maybe Jim was just unlucky.

I'd be much more interested in a thread/forum that discusses places/vendors with great customer service. Those types of recommendations are harder to find.

eNORMous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you did or did not read my thread, but you echoed what I addressed:

Quote:
If we were to develop a forum of this type (e.g. Dissatisifed Vendors, Merchants, Products, Dealers, etc) it would only be fair to create a forum of Satisfied Vendors, Merchants, Products, Dealers, etc).

To be truly effective, we'd need something of a rating system as well: (1) High Satisfaction, (2) Good Satisfaction, (3) Marginal, (4) Dissatisfied (5) Very Dissatisfied; and, it should contain a comments area and require the model number, name of prouct, vendor, dealer, merchant etc so that comments are truly meaningly and not simply venting arenas.
eNORMous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:16 PM
To: 'frankwalter@c-dory.com'; 'olmarina'
Subject: C-Dory 25' Cruiser

Quote:
Frank & Christine,

I received the SEADOG S.S. water fill inlet and the RuleMate 1100 Bilge Pump for my C-Dory 25’ Cruiser from Frank today. Included with the Bilge Pump and water fill inlet were wiring crimps, electrical ties, S.S. clamps & S.S. screws to secure each operation. Yesterday I received the KISS potholders and the shower head nozzle from Christine.

I can’t thank you both enough. You have both been extremely helpful and accommodating in satisfying my purchase from each of your facilities – kudos to both of you!

Norm Geltz
Vessel - ANTIBODY

I had a couple of items requiring attention besides the RuleMate 1100 Bilge Pump and received excellent attention and this is a follow-up for everyone regarding Fluid Marine's commitment to warranty and customer satisfaction. Old Lyme Marina is simply great, as well.

Fantastic response from C-Dory (Fluid Marine) and Frank. Fluid Marine (C-Dory) sent me a new RuleMate 1100 - no questions asked.

Old Lyme Marina is simply a fantastic marina!
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note about construction debris-

We have been very impressed with the 2009 product we have been getting as to how clean they are, and haven't fount any debris while rigging boats.

I'm sure at some point something will get by someone. But so far (knock wood) all looks good.

360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: