The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

A/C Winterizing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdleUp

City/Region: Smith Mountain Lake
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Linda Sue
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: A/C Winterizing Reply with quote

With regard to winterizing my Ranger 25, I wanted something that would be easy to deal with each year so I just picked up a few items to install.

Winterizing now can be as simple as shutting off the intake valve - opening the mini valve and sticking the hose in a jug of RV Juice. Fire up the A/C unit and when the RV fluid comes out of the outlet, you just shut off the unit and close the valve. Next spring, you just open the inlet valve.

Make sure you have a pail or hose on the A/C outlet to avoid getting RV Fluid it into water!

My Other Hobbies:
www.rotory.com - www.bigpickup.com

Texas Steve

City/Region: Fairview
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-21 EC Tug
Vessel Name: Slow 'n Easy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a similar arrangement on the raw water intake... keeps RV antifreeze in the cooling system until the next outing and seems to protect the impeller.

Steve
IdleUp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

That's where my set-up is on the intake valve - I just shut the intake and the RV solution is drawn into the A/C condenser heat exchange unit. It only took 1/2 gal to do the system.

Here's another image of my set-up on the Ranger 25:

IdleUp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Your Marine AC while on a Trailer

As an additional bonus to the winterizing mod for your Ranger you can also run your A/C off the same line that feeds the RV solution to the A/C condenser / heat exchanger.
When I used to pull my 2556 Bayliner around the country quite a bit visiting different areas, I got tired of pulling in RV parks and sweating bullets all night, when my boat already had a marine A/C unit sitting there which was un-usable. Finally after a bit of thought, I figured out a way to use the marine air while the boat was on a trailer.

When I pulled into my RV spot, and hooked up for the night, I would hook up the water hose to the same “T” fitting used for winterizing and crack the water facet open a bit and “Presto” the A/C kicked on and I was just as cool as the rest of the RV’s except I was in my boat. On the hull outlet where the A/C discharges the water, I had a of garden hose the I cut the end off that wedged right into the outlet, which I ran to either the ground or into the sewer. Keep in mind you have to just barely open the water tap, just a small stream will work fine.

This is the garden hose fitting, which I simply put into the same pickup tube used for winterizing which supplies the pressure water to the A/C pump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: