The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/08 - 10/10 - Lake Shasta Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out on the lake for a couple of hours today, just cruising around and looking for a BBQ site. Wonderful weather..high 80's and it felt delightful cruising around at 12-14 mph in the wind generated by moving. Going to be a great weekend, although a bit cooler.

We may be able to raft up and have the dinner just floating around on the lake, depending on the number of boats involved. All of you folks might want to bring as many fenders as you have to pad the boats so we could just tie 'em all together and avoid the shore all together, depending on how people feel about beaching their boats. We can seat 12-14 on our pontoon boat alone, and if we rafted a CD-22 on each side and one in the front could handle up to 25 or more easily. With real light winds and very little waves and chop, we might not need to have a dock or shore landing. We'll have to all stay flexible, as I haven't heard from everybody yet. Stay tuned. Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake Shasta Brats-

I've gone back and re-read everything, and in the process figured out Idea that Larry, Nancy and the Nancy H are still out on vacation and are somewhere between here and Sequim, which accounts for their incommunicado status. So with the exception of Jeff and Diane, everybody's pretty much accounted for. See you all this weekend! Joe.
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Dana- Glad to hear about your house-hunting final outcome! Sorry to hear you won't be making the Lake Shasta fling. We'll be listening for further details as they become available.

For those of you who will be making the get together, Ill be at Bridge Bay Marina (under the bridge) from about 2-3 pm and onward tomorrow. I'll be helping you get situated and will help you with launching your boat if you like. My cell phone is (530) 917-4610. You might want to print out the details of the plan above and bring them with you for reference.

See you soon!!! Joe and Cathy
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the big weekend is over, and here's a short report that will have to do for now, as I'm beat out for now.

We had a great time meeting Steve (seabran) and his parents, Al and Vi, and meeting Bill Ferking of C-Bill.

Steve came up from Brentwood and met his parents here who had recently moved to Lincoln from Redding (all California cities).

Bill is from Carson City (Nevada), and joined us for the weekend get together.

We had a nice dinner at Bridge Bay Friday night, and the BBQ Saturday went off without a hitch and with great food from all. Bill brought fresh Tuna and Yellowtail and cookies, while the seabran crew furnished two salads, and we provided steaks, snacks (can't spell Hors ' d ouerves ouerves), and bread. We BBQ'ed right in the slip on our pontoon boat, as the cool wind and waves made the lake less suitable. All the food was absolutely great, with the fish winning the grand prize. (Bill explained to me about the problems and techniques of preserving fresh fish on a long range charter boat operation.)

It was fun to see Steve's new C-Dory 22 Cruiser and how the evolution of this boat is progressing. I don't get to see other boats here in Redding, and only do so when we go to C-Dory weekend happenings. Nice boat, Steve!

Bill's re-deploying his "90 Cruiser after a couple of years of relative inactivity. It sure looks good, especially the new wood handrails. Bill is our resident trailer expert, and a stop by his trailer on Sunday morning after breakfast was a real eye-opener.

He's gone over the trailer part by part and corrected any of the typical shortcut solutions that come out of the manufactuers. It's my theory that trailer costs have to be held down, as after the buyer decides to purchase a boat, they then typically want to keep the rest of the package at minimum price. This seems great at first but then you get to start rebuilding the trailer a little at a time, starting about two or three years down the road.

There are pictures of this marvel under the trailer section in the Library, take a look. The refurfished trailer looks a lot like aircraft technology applied to marine maintainence! Great job, Bill!!!

It was fun meeting Steve's parents and comparing notes, since they had lived in Redding for the previous 25 years. I first moved here with my mom and dad in 1949, and the changes are remarkable, but Shast Lake remains a great place to fish and boat. This was my backyard when I was growning up, and is home base for me.

All in all, we had a great time and I want to thank those who could make it. We lost contact with several groups along the way, but maybe next time around we'll get a chance to meet the ones we missed.

Thanks everyone!!! Joe and Cathy.
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,
Thanks for putting together the weekend. We had a great time!

That was the first time my parents had seen the boat and Saturday we did a 30mi cruise.

My parents decided to buy the patio boat just down from yours. The owner took us for a quick ride Sunday morning and they made a deal.

Thanks,
Steve
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

Sorry we missed Shasta, but we had to return to So Cal early. It sounds like a great time. Maybe next year.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve- I knew your parents were seriously interested in that boat! It was a great bargain at that price and a first class boat to boot!

Larry- Nice to hear from you! Maybe next year! Joe.
C-Bill

City/Region: Carson City
State or Province: NV
Vessel Name: CharkBait
Photos: CharkBait
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Joe & Cathy for a very nice weekend and great company. Cathy did an outstanding job of cooking fish. The BBQ was great.

Bill (C-Bill)
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, guys...I did not realize you came to Sequim from So. Cal...glad you came, though, it was great to meet you. So now I understand, you are on vacation from being retired, hmmm...you want to explain that one AGAIN???

Nancy H wrote:
Joe,

Sorry we missed Shasta, but we had to return to So Cal early. It sounds like a great time. Maybe next year.
Wink

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Lake Shasta and surrounding area is a very pretty place. I'll be watching for the pictures here.

Sorry we forgot to get this one up sooner, and thanks for the reminder, Joe.

Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. Now others as well can add photos to the album. Joe.
C-Bill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve & Joe,

I just added a couple pictures to the Shasta 2004 gathering. Steve's C-Dory being the 2004 model and mine the 1991. The pictures make for an interesting comparison.

Bill
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill-

Thanks for the addition of the photos! Someone needs to develop a timeline for the C-Dory history for each of the models showing at what date each of the changes were made and detailing what they were. While the basic boat may look much the same, a lot of changes have been made over the years. Joe.
C-Bill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

Your right about a time line. I was surprised to see differences that are apparent with the boats side by side. C-Dorys are generally following the same proven design as it has a sea going appeal unlike the more stylish boats. I think our group could be considered more like a cult (devoted attachment to, or extravagant admiration for C-Dorys.). Wink

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: