The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Water in Fuel engine will not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Water in Fuel engine will not start Reply with quote

From: PS_Rick (Original Message) Sent: 12/21/2002 3:25 PM
Saturday we left Sandpoint for a nice winter cruise and my Suzuki 70 HP 4 stroke ran for about 2 minutes then started to idle ruff and quit. I am pretty sure I got water in the fuel and this is my problem. I hope some of you have an idea how to overcome this. I have a tank with good fuel now, should I replace the Racor filter. Drain the all the fuel lines including the engine fuel lines?? Any ideas to solve this. Right now it will not run.

Fred

Fred -

Bummer. Here's all I can say, and you are probably ahead of it already. I would unhook the hose from the motor, and either take the motor connector off the hose or hold the shutoff check in it open somehow. Then, using the squeeze bulb, pump the fuel out of the line and the filter into a container until all the old fuel and water is replaced throughout the line with the fresh gas. Then change the Racor and pump some more. My motor has carbs, so before hooking the line back up I would drain all four of them. But if I had EFI like you probably do, I don't know what I would do next. Probably just hook the fuel line back up and hope it works. Cleaning out the delivery system to the motor is the easy part. Maybe Les will see your post in his inbox before long and get back to you.

Sorry your delightful winter cruise turned out to be a pain. Good luck, and please let us know how it worked out.

Mike

Fred -

Any luck? Did you find anything that looks to be the culprit?

Hi Mike, pumped out all the bad fuel all the way to the injector manifold, replaced the Racor filter, pulled and cleaned the plugs. It still won't start, going to call the dealer this morning to get some ideas, I think there was a lot of water in the tank when this happened, live and learn. I will keep you updated.

Fred

Fred -

You said something in the chat the other night about thinking the water got in the tanks while it was sitting outside waiting for the recent hull repairs. How do you figure that much water got in there?

I hope the dealer has some good - and free - suggestions to help you solve it.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: