The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Floorboards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Dore

City/Region: Ocean Marine - Portsmouth, VA
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Orca
Photos: Orca
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Factory Floor Boards Reply with quote

I ordered the factory floor boards on my boat. I took delivery 10 days ago. They did fine on my 170 mile run down the Chesapeake in a driving rain and a quartering sea (lots of water in the cockpit area but no water in my shoes).

They do shift slightly under certain conditions, such as my 6'2" 240 pound body stepping into the cockpit. Any chance that they will unseat themselves if they shift?

Steve Dore
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys and Gals-

I've done this thing somewhat upside down, with surprising results. I didn't like the barefoot feel of the Dri-Dek either, and preferred the feel of the I/O carpet. But the Dri-Dek has it's place is getting water to drain and keeping you up out of the slosh, at least somewhat.

I put the Dri-Dek on top of the I/O carpet. The carpet cushions the Dri-Dek, and makes it soft and forgiving to the feet. It also keeps the Dri-Dek from getting too hot and squishy and keeps the whole sandwich cool in the summer heat if you get the I/O carpet wet and let it stay slightly damp. Royal blue I/O Dri-Dek over ruby red I/O looks great, too.

The down side is that to fully clean the carpet, you have to pull up the Dri-
Dek to use the vacuum cleaner. Ordinary flushing with the water pressure from a hose cleans it up in place on the floor under the Dri-Dek pretty well, but the rotary brush of a good upright vacuum cleaner on dry carpet is the best way to occasionally do a through cleaning.

Inside the cabin, I use just the I/O carpet alone.

Interestingly enough, when I first bought the boat, it came with a home made redwood floor grate in the cockpit to keep one's feet up out of the rain and splash water. Fortunately, mine was just loosely set in the cockpit and wasn't screwed down into the floor like Dale's (Fishwisher).

I guess there are "many ways to skin a cat"! (Oops, sorry Brock!!!)

Joe

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE the Dry-Deck - if you are considering this route, I was much happier with Kiwi Tile on Da Nag 19. It is much easier on the feet than Dry-Deck, while serving the same purpose. I believe it's a tad cheaper as well.

Also, for those of you with 19 Anglers, it's ideal for the interior; it's slightly wider than Dry-Deck, and two of them fit perfectly between the seat boxes; I only had to trim the pieces in the cockpit.

Rokjok777

City/Region: SF Bay Area
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Squidward
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: my $.02 on floorboards Reply with quote

I have the factory floorboards and they're great. A local C-Dory friend has the restaurant-type squares, which are OK except if you go fishing. Then they're a royal pain to clean. The factory boards are a nice clean sweep. Good luck! from Mark on Squidward
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like any of the options above, take a look in the "Kingfisher" album and you will see what can be done with relatively cheap mahogany strips. About the same weight as the factory Glass fibre boards but looks way more "Salty".

Merv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: