View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Great stuff Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, Looks really good to us. We are going to give it a try, dropping the chicken broth in favor of water, and adding some Tofurkey weiners cut up for some texture and added protein. Thanks again, and looking forward to a new good dish.

Oh, and we go without salt too. Like Byrdman Mrs Dash choices.

Harvey & Deena
SleepyC Moon

patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those of you who do not know me, you might be surprised to know i'm, somewhat of a health nut. may drink a beer here and there but generally speaking two beers in a given day is rare. i enjoy a glass of red wine with my evening meal and that's about it. love to cook with the crockpot and i'll share with you one of my favorite meals.
it's my world famous, five bean soup. open the windows!
contents are as follows: 3 cans of beef broth with onion, one can of green beans, one can of red beans, one can of black beans, one can of lima beans and one can of pinto beans. to that i add one can of italian stewed tomatoes, one yellow bell pepper, one chopped red onion, hand full of chopped carrots and two links of lewis rich smoked turkey sausage, salt, pepper, tobasco as needed. when finished i serve with corn bread.
it's a meal that anything goes, so if you add something and it turns out well, let me know.
congratulations to capt. maj. byrdman on his successful rehad diet!
you are the man!
best regards
pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> The Galley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: