View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome Home! Reply with quote

We're glad you all found us! It looks like the new C-Brats Pub & Library Combo is a keeper, doesn't it?

First off, another big thanks to Bill for all the time and talent he has given us. Wow.

Second, let's not be worrying about the costs associated with maintaining the new site. The up front and continuing costs for the leased server and the domain name registration come in at about two hundred bucks a year. It is all paid for now, and while we appreciate the suggestions and offers of help with it, we won't be accepting any this year, or probably next. Shoot, I can win that much off a bet with Jon. If worse comes to worse, we can always peddle some of B~C's smelt next season. Seriously, we thank you all for the sincere offers, but we got you covered and we do not need any more thanks for that part of it.

Third, is this place cool, or what? MSN Passport? Don't need 'em! Photo storage limits? Ain't got 'em! Spell Checker? Oh yeah, we got that! Great People? The best!

Have fun looking around and finding all the neat features. We have tried to keep this as close to the atmosphere of the two former C-Brat sites as was beneficial (well, actually, Bill did the keeping and I did the whining). If you discover or dream up things that could be improved or added, we appreciate your suggestions. Just remember that it will take a little time.

Also remember, always, that this is still the C-Brats! We do not want to let the fancy new digs take away from the genuine friendliness, flavor and fun of the original. As more of our friends find us and join us, the place will get even better. Thank you all for the support and encouragement to old Red Fox and TyBoo over the past couple of years, and thank you also for staying with us as we continually strive to repair our sullied reputations. But don't worry - we won't fix 'em too good!

Mike
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks, Mike.
Cat
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeline is here! I hope it is the same Adeline who had the album of pictures moved to our new site, because I just made the new member Adeline the album owner.

Wouldn't it be something if the new member Adeline was a different guy? Say, someone from the Bayliner Owners Club who got lost?!?

Welcome back, just the same! Welcome to everybody, in fact. Bill is supposed to typing up a unique and courteous welcome note to each new friend who signs on, but I don't what happened. Sheesh, what is he doing with his time?? I guess maybe 100+ notes in two days was a little much for him.

C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike-
With only $200 cost per year, it would be in the best interest of C-DORY to foot the cost. These owners groups (C-Brats and CDOGs) are a great asset for the company. The only stipulation I would want was that C-DORY did NOT have a say in the management of the site.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Redƒox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: agreed! Reply with quote

Keep us posted on the matter, if you decide to ask.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome CSB,
Since I couldn't find a "welcome site", I thought I'd jump a welcome to you on here. (BTW a big welcome to your delicious cookies too.....and I'm not referring to "computer type cookies".....I'm referring to the real edible type!)
It's nice to see your name on the site, now we know that Catman will behave.....tee hee.
Dave S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: