City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe.

I guess I should take a photo after it was caulked. Maybe later today. I used 3M 4200 and it all came out really nice. The only real hassle is that the "romex" - like outer covering on duplex wire is like starboard in that nothing sticks to it well, so I got a little sanding wheel and roughed up the side that had printing on it before using the double sided tape. Got that tape from my friend at a local body shop. It works really well but both surfaces have to be absolutely clean. Think 99% alcohol scrub clean. It's powerful stuff. My Toyota door panels are attached with it as are most trim pieces on new cars/trucks and (I've heard) the entire cab on Dodge pickup trucks sold in Washington and Oregon. (Tyboo models only)

I picked up a Minn Kota Mk210 on board dual battery charger on sale months ago and eventually I'll put that in. Built in battery isolators, 5 amps per battery, autoswitch between bulk and maintenance charges. Great for my particular situation - a little wimpy for any serious battery usage in a marina though, but it was a nice inexpensive alternative to what I consider overkill chargers for a trailer boat.

That Wallas area cockpit bulkhead is where any AC stuff would go, so it's a logical spot for my charger. Blatantly plagarized from the "Rana Verde" installation. I believe in "Don't Ask Don't Tell." When spouse discovers it she'll just have to work around it....

Dunno when C-Dory is gonna change their wiring to the new marine DC ground color standards - yellow instead of black. Probably when they run out of present stock. (g)

Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
While looking at how to run wires up to the shelf I found that one of the screws holding the factory wires for the anchor light was stripped. This is a screw that goes into the coner of the the window frame and hold a wire clamp.

Any idesa on how to fix this?
Thanks,
Steve
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Top one? It was "stripped" on mine too. I just got one of those plastic tie wraps - about 8" long, cut a piece of it off long enough to bottom out in the hole and just slightly past the outside edge of the hole and put the screw back in. May not have been "proper" but it worked like a champ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: