The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Great Snohomish River Cruise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Great Snohomish River Cruise Reply with quote

Thanks Dave S. for a great cruise. Very Happy Appreciated the copies of the detailed river/slough information very much. We had a wonderful time. I could swear that I saw brake lights and cars slowing down as all of us passed under the Hwy 2 bridge. It was wonderful exploring a new area and really amazing as to what can be found right in your own back yard. What fun Very Happy So nice too seeing everyone else that was able to make it.

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryl and I also want to thank Dave for coordinating this event. We had a great time!, and enjoyed meeting everyone. Only trouble was there wasn't enough hours in the day. We are both looking forward to the next event.
Jim & Sheryl of Work Release
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great time Dave. Thanks for the guided tour of the Pacific NW Everglades. The trip up the Snohomish to the Town of Snohomish was great. A lot of surprised people on bridges and on the banks. But what was remarkable to me was the side trip we took on the way back down the river into Ebey Slough. The meandering waterways around and through small islands connecting to other waterways reminded me of pictures if have ween of the Everglades only with no alligators or snakes. Blue Herons, eagles, hawks, perched on old snags and on small clumps of grassy stumps sticking up from the still water, and not one person in view besides the 9 C-Dorys cruising at 6-7 MPH. I took individual pictures of all the boats and will post them on the upcoming album for the cruise. HINT.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are something else! Sounds like you had a great time, and if your weather was like ours down here, you had a good weekend for it.

Sure, we would like to see the pictures. Of course we would. Please. Thank you.

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
The trip up the Snohomish to the Town of Snohomish was great. A lot of surprised people on bridges and on the banks.

Yesterday was probably the most excitement the City of Snohomish has had since the last Thunder of Harleys on a 'biker run" blessed their downtown streets. We certainly surprised the partrons of the riverside restaurants when the nine C-Dorys ranging in size from 16' to 27' cruised into town. (Probably the first time in a long time that a vessel as long as 27' ventured into the Town of Snohomish). I too was impressed when I saw that pickup truck stop in the middle of the roadway along the river bank when he saw the "gang" of C-Dorys cruising up the river in single file. (He ended up forcing vehicles behind him to pause for a bit).
We timed the tidal conditions well, so we usually had 15 feet of water under us and at times saw in excess of 25' of draft.
I was amazed at the history others in our intrepid group provided of some of the moored vessels along the banks of the water, as well as participants sharing stories of catching sturgeon in the "back waters" as well as tubing and water skiing in the sloughs. (I suspect that some of the vessels we saw would surely have an immense interesting history to share would we be so fortunate to be privy to that).
As well as seeing the birds of the area, we also saw how many unfortunate people live in the several hobo camps we observed along the river. They probably were surprised to see that they were witnessing a Saturday afternoon parade. (Who says, you have to have money to enjoy waterfront views....that's what you call making the best of a bad situation).

(I would also point out that when Haileighs Comet came blasting past me with that new humongous Honda behind her, I became convinced that she must be the Fastest C-Dory on the water!......and she's 27 feet long....not counting the extended engine mount). (She certainly is a "comet"!).

C-Brat #16
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A terrific cruise - Thanks. I had no idea we had a wonderful river cruising area so close to home. And tour guides as well - though occasionally it was hard to hear over Catman's music .... And I still wonder - did he really know where he was leading us or were we just lucky? Smile

Thanks again for another wonderful day.
So..... what's the next cruise???
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds somewhat similar to the 2003 Snohomish River cruise, which we enjoyed immensely, minus the hairy part of going under the railroad bridge at Steamboat Slough! I assume you didn't do that since nobody mentioned it! Sorry we weren't able to be there. Also, the weather must have been much better in Everett than it was in Birch Bay - we had fog and drizzle and were thinking that the cruise quite possible wouldn't come off, which we see it did in spades! OK, Dave - you up for this again NEXT year? This has to be an annual event!

Now, how about December? Lake Washington / Montlake Cut / Lake Union / Ship Canal / Locks / Maggy Bluffs?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an awesome trip... I would have love to have been on the west side and made it. Looking forward to some posted pictures..Byrdman
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
minus the hairy part of going under the railroad bridge at Steamboat Slough! OK, Dave - you up for this again NEXT year? This has to be an annual event!

We exchanged the "hairy part" you speak of with the sudden "slamming shut" of the main railroad bridge just as some of us were about to cruise through. A few of the C-Dorys managed to throttle up and squeeze through, while the rest of us did an "about face" and waited for the train which never came through! Not sure which was the "hairiest".....this year or last.....depends I guess where you were in the "line of C-Dorys passing through".

Yes, I'm up for this cruise again next year.......I'm just trying to figure out what next year's "bridge episode" will be...... Crook
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoLuckyFish wrote:
.... And I still wonder - did he really know where he was leading us or were we just lucky? Smile
{BBCode fixed by TyBoo}

Well, would you believe he really knew he was lucky? Hey, that's a fun day jaunt back there in Deliverance Country. It rained lightly most of the day, and with little or no wind offered a serene, fall scene. At dinner there was talk of perhaps moving the date next year, maybe to August or spring. But all agreed the gig's a keeper.

I enjoyed chow time next to the fire with dinner mates Joe and Ruth, Lisbeth and Roger. Don, thanks for your boat-related expertise down on the dock. That's what I wanted to hear. Lastly, there was Fred, a solo figure walking through the darkness and mist toward the launch ramp, where he greeted me and took my line. A warm gesture, friend.
Cat
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From now on I'm fixin' Catman's stuff when he screws up the BBCode. If Dave's stuff is right next to it and screwed up, I'm fixin' it too. I won't mess with nobody else's stuff, 'cause it really don't bother me that much. But Catman screws it up on purpose to try and bug me. For some reason, Tiffany thinks CM is an OK cat, and I don't want his screwed up BBCode to take away from the illusion. If he don't start doin' the BBCode right, he's goin' to nerd school. And he won't like nerd school.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
From now on I'm fixin' Catman's stuff when he screws up the BBCode.
{BBCode fixed by TyBoo}

Holy cats! Let that be a lesson to all friendly, unassuming Brats. There lurks a Grand Poobah, a supreme gatekeeper just around that rocky point up there. He'll strike without warning, too. Just when you thought you were having fun. And he's just like Miss Harsch, my 7th grade Language Arts teacher, who also used to upbraid me for inelegant articulation.

Thank you, Mr. Mike, for bringing back to life all the fears and frustrations of puberty. Now it's a return to bitten fingernails and worried, sleepless nights.
Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: