The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

E-Tec 115HP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chica

City/Region: Butte
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Chica
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: E-Tec 115HP Reply with quote

Earlier this year I put an E-Tec on my 22' angler. I started with a 19 pitch prop but was unable to reach the recommended 5500-6000 RPM's and a switch to 17 pitch did not get me there either. Next year I'll try a 15 pitch, "Thanks Coop's Cruiser". At 4150 rpm's I run at 29-31 mph, fast enough for ths "Chica". I use alittle more fuel than with the Honda 90, running to the same fishing area, I'll use 19-20 gallons per day instead of the 15-16 I used with the Honda. There is the addition of the HD 100 oil of which I use a gallon to every 100 gallons of fuel. Spendy at $44.00 per gallon and going up to $50.00. More power, quicker out of the hole, faster to and from the fishing area, and so far not a problem.
Chica
marvin4239

City/Region: Jacksonville Florida/Wilmington NC
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-FLE II
Photos: C-FLE II
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should find your mileage will improve if you get the motor propped so it reaches the recommended RPM range. If you are using stainless props and have a good prop shop in your area for about $100 they can repitch to exactly what you want. Awhile back I bent my aluminum prop on a submerged log right before leaving on a trip. It was a 14X17. The only replacement I could get right away was in stainless was a 14X18. With three aboard and heavily loaded it would only turn around 4800 and the mileage was terrible. After returning I took the prop to the prop shop and instructed them to take 2" out of the pitch. When they measured it it was actually 17 1/4" pitch so quality control on factory props isn't all that good. They repitched it to 15 1/4" and it preforms really well reaching 5400 RPM and 30 MPH my mileage has improved quite a bit also. I'm speaking of a Suzuki 90 which turns a slightly larger prop than other makes due to lower gearing your actual prop deminsions will differ. Then again I know nothing about E-Tecs other than they are pretty so take this advice for what it cost you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: