The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Wallas Fuel Choice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Poll Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your choice of fuel for your Wallas stove?
Diesel
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Kerosene
52%
 52%  [ 27 ]
Klean Heat
33%
 33%  [ 17 ]
paraffin
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 51

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Wallas Fuel Choice Reply with quote

There are lots of opinions as to which fuel is the best to use in the Wallas heater/stove. Some folks (like me - kerosene) tend to stick with what has worked well for them, while others, perhaps because they have yet to find a fuel that works "good", are quick to try alternate fuels.

It would be interesting to know what the majority of Wallas owners are using. The poll lists the four most commonly talked about fuels, and includes an "Other" category for anyone who might have found something else that works.

Thanks,

Mike

shogimac

City/Region: Klawock
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SISU
Photos: Tonie O
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Fuel Reply with quote

When I buy # 1 Diesel (rather than #2 Diesel) from the fuel docks in Southeast AK is that Kersosene? They call it stove fuel or #1 Diesel. I was told that it is sometimes straight aviation fuel (Wrangell fuel dock)? Here in Santa Cruz we buy K1 or Kerosene. Scan says go ahead and use Diesel the stove was made for it. But anyone else that I talk to that owns a Wallas rolls their eyes and says #1 or Kerosene.

Shawn
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hosed up this vote;... was reading down and voted Kerosene then I saw Klean Heat....which as I understand is simply cleaner Kerosene... so my true vote should have been Klean Heat.... Man, I am glad this did not happen to me last week!! and so is George W, my Commander and Chief!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Poll Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: