The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Need help....interested in CD22 or 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahookey

City/Region: Nags Head NC
State or Province: NC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Need help....interested in CD22 or 25 Reply with quote

Hi there ! I just registered to C-brats . Saw my first C-dorys at the Annapolis boat show this month and was taken in by them. Most of my boating will be in the Outer Banks (NC) sounds where we get winds and chop and some shallow waters. Most of my use wil be w/ 2 people onboard for fishing or cruising. Currently have a 19' Sea Pro. I like the idea of an enclosed cabin for winter and off season boating. After reading the various postings here it seems that a good number of CD owners operate offshore or in otherwise rough conditions. Is a CD 22 or 25 overkill for my use here or possibly the right boat ? I know this is a wide open question but I need to start somewhere having never been on a CD. Also, are their any owners in the area that would be willing to let me take a look in the water or maybe a ride ? Thanks for the opportunity to get your input. p.s. This is my first time in any chat forum so hopefullyI can figure out how to read and respond to any reples I get. Wahookey (Pete Kinsella) Nags Head Very Happy
Very interested but not a current C-Dory owner. Saw my first C-dory's at the 2004 Annapolis Boat Show. Most of my usage would be in the sound waters of the Outer Banks. Also unfamiliar with chat room procedures (I don't use them) so please excuse any failures in this regard.
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
State or Province: WA
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pub Wahookey! Thumbs Up
It is great to have another C-Brat here..so here is my $.02.
For the cruising ,fishing couple ,and are ok with using the porta -pot, instead of having a full head.. the 22 Cruiser.. is my choice... ..the factors are cost, weight(as in towing consideration), ease of handling. Heck, it doesn't matter whether you get a 19,22, or 25 C-Dory they all are great boats. Hopefully you can get a ride on one or 2 of these models.. Am sure there are some folks back your way to help ya out... If not come on out here!!! we'll line em up for ya !!

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the welcome, Wahookey. No worries about chat room etiquette - the "No Rules-Just Be Nice" intro says it all. We have a CD 22 cruiser and have cruised a bit around Ocracoke Island. Have never operated a 25, so can't give you a comparison, but I can say that what I liked most about the 22 down there was its shallow draft. The shoals seem to shift a lot, and a couple times I found myself in some very thin water. At one point (due in part to some lame-o pilot error, I admit), I put the engine up, hopped out, grabbed the anchor and some rode and pulled it back over to the channel. Felt like one of those mules pulling a barge on the old C&O Canal! The combination of shallow draft, light weight, and all-weather seaworthiness of a C-Dory 22 is superb for the different cruising grounds you have in the OBX. With good local knowledge, you should be able to get around most of the sounds down there, and I wouldn't hesitate to take a 22' Cruiser 10 or 20 miles offshore in good weather. If you are still in the market come this summer, we may be down that way and would be more than happy to take you out on the Otter (but I suspect you will not want to wait that long!) Good luck with your decision!
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Meant to add that if you find your way up here again at anytime (we are not far from Annapolis, in Alexandria, VA), please give a shout and we'll go out on the boat. I run her all winter.
MommaB

C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Little Boat that could
Photos: Little Boat that could
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST 25 USED IT IN LAKE ERIE AND DETROIT RIVER. I FIND IT TO BE GREAT. I HAVE ALSO USED IT IN MY SMALL 1 ACRE POND IN TECHUMSE MICHIGAN. THE FISHING IS ALWAYS BETTER IN THE MIDDLE! Thumbs Up

FOR A LOOK AT MY BOAT CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: