The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Canvas cover forward?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Canvas cover forward? Reply with quote

I do not have a cockpit cover, but have had the need for a cover from under the windshield eyebrow forward over the hatch. When this is helpful is if it is raining and you want to leave the hatch open overnight at an anchorage or dock. Has anyone been doing this? I have tried it with a blue tarp (way ugly), and the concept works well. I think just a rectangular tarp will do it, tied fore and aft.

Dave
C-WEED

City/Region: New Brockton
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Weed
Photos: C-WEED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Forward cover Reply with quote

Having had our boat for six months we have spent many a weekend when the weather called for thunderstorms or hurricanes and we have yet to experience rain while on the water. I recall seeing photos of a boat down in Mexico that used a cover over the front primarily for the hot sun protection. I think the boat was called CHERRY a classic 22 angler. I think the owners now own a CD25 called Jammin. Check this sight or the other CD sight under JAMMIN and you might find the photos of the classic boat. Perhaps a tan canvas cloth would look more desirable than the blue poly. It should help cut down on the night time dew also that we get much of in the south. Maybe have six lines. Two each off the roof hand rail corners and two off the front corners to the bow rail. One off each side and down low on the bow rail to control flapping and drain water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: