The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

R29 and R34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: R29 and R34 Reply with quote

Recently I heard from a dealer that the Ranger group is indeed building a larger vessel. That they are considering a R34. I found this to be of interest as they would be directly competing with American Tug and Nordic on the R34. They have a real good opportunity though to pull from their "entry" boat buyer if they keep the cost down as the American and Nordic are close to $400k in the 34' range. Just thought I would share the news as I know we've spoke about this prior.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Talking with Jeff Messmer at Anacortes, the impression left is that Ranger is keeping the plans close to the vest on the 29.

I would doubt that a 34 would be coming in the next year, considering the economy and the market.

Certainly boating in BC is down at least 50%, judging from the marinas and anchored boats.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
helm

City/Region: Medford
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Chack Chack
Photos: Chack Chack
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bob, it would be a tough time for a manufacturer to come out with a new boat. We just came back from three weeks traveling up the Hudson, Erie canal, across Lake Ontario, then the Trent Severn to the Georgian Bay. We rarely locked through with any other boats and that was through nearly 100 locks. Marinas weren't at all busy and they sure appreciate peoples business. Gas in Canada was $1.21-1.33 per liter.

We only saw one other C-Dory, at Big Chute where we left our boat. We met a few people with Rosboroughs who love there boats and the company that builds them. I think there is a message for the builders there - support you product and owners - and that loyal base will see you through the hard times.
Eric
acustis
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Puyallup
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: R34 and R29 Reply with quote

I have yet to hear anything about a 34' tug as well. We have to focus on one thing at a time. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: