The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

R21 Spotlight Operation trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steamboat_Willie

City/Region: northern
State or Province: NJ
Vessel Name: Steamboat Willie
Photos: Steamboat Willie
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: R21 Spotlight Operation trouble Reply with quote

I seem to be having operational trouble with the spotlight on our R21.

When we brought the boat home from the dealer here in NJ a number of weeks ago I verified (only once) that the light illuminated in both the SPOT and FLOOD modes and that the directional movement controls moved the light accordingly as I pressed the arrows. That was the only time I tried it. As we are now preparing for our first outing with the boat this weeked I tried the spotlight again today and discovered that it does not illuminate nor move. (my luck) I've pressed the "S" and "F" buttons and the arrow movement buttons and nothing happens. I read in the Jabsco owner's manual that came with it that the light should operate ONLY when the running lights are on. The wiring diagram from Ranger indicates that the spotlight is wired independent of the running lights. The running lights switch has no effect.

The manual also says something about a built-in automatic circuit breaker that will reset when the light is turned off and back on. I checked both sides of the fuse in the fuse block going to the spotlight wire and it's fine. I GIVE UP. I'm at my wit's end. Am I missing something absurdly obvious here or is my spotlight unit defective? Apparently there must be 12V getting up to the inside control unit mounted above because the directional arrows are lit with a dim orange light. Essentially the spotlight has never been used other than the one time I tested it.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this piece of equipment the might help me here? I have to be doing something wrong.

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: