The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

running electronic cables in Ranger 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DORILL

City/Region: Unadilla
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: DORILL
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: running electronic cables in Ranger 25 Reply with quote

Just brought home a new 2008 Ranger Tug 25 on Friday and plan to spend the winter installing the electronics; sounder, GPS and radar. For the sounder, is there an easy method for routing the thru hull sounder cable, (already installed just in front of diesel tank) through to the helm? The second question is for the radar cable coming down from the stainless steel mast, is there an easy method for routing those wires through the roof and down to the helm?
PenguinPA

City/Region: Tacoma
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: R'Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new boat. Good luck with the riggin!

From what I have seen, the radar cables route through the stack and the into the deck house.

journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a fish tape and go to work. Good luck and those nicks will heal.

Boris
acustis
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Puyallup
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Congrats on your new tug! Reply with quote

I know of a couple tricks to run cables after everything is put together! For radar installation you can run all of your wires through the stack or through a cable cam and behind the spice rack. The spice Rack removes with two teak pieces that are on top and bottom and screws are behind those. You may have to remove the Curtain track as well.

To route wires from the cockpit of the boat is easiest to go through the port side. You can run them through your engine compartment and through the cabin step area. In your 1/4 berth are some panels on the inside wrapped with fur as we call it. They are about 1 1/2 " tall and all can be removed. The back panel behind the helm also is removable with one speaker wire you have to unplug. You can then feed all of your wires under the liner that way and reach them behind the helm area. It seems like a complicated procedure, but I can re route wires in about 30 minutes from the cockpit to behind the dash. Any other questions please feel free to email me and I can walk you through it. Have fun!

DORILL

City/Region: Unadilla
State or Province: NY
Vessel Name: DORILL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: thanks. Reply with quote

Thought I should come back on and thank everyone for the information supplied. I finished installing the wiring for the sonar, radar, GPS, PA/hailer, new radio, camera, wash down pump and GPS chart plotter. The info here and some great photos supplied by other owners made the difference. Also used a few ideas gleaned from the forum for adding some teak to hold the glassware and made a new table, (smaller to allow more room inside when moving around and it holds the micro wave). thanks for the help and ideas. Actually have put two hours on the boat so far getting used to it. On our way to Lake Champlian via the Champlain canal fron the Hudson in a two weeks heading for its summer berth. Enjoy!
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Customer Service Reply with quote

I was impressed by Andrew's reply to the request for "how to" information on running cables. I don't recall any of the CDory folks doing that, or at least not during my tenure as a CDory owner.

Kudos to Ranger and Andrew!

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: