The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Transducer location for Tomcat255
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_unique

City/Region: Boston
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Napoleon
Photos: Napoleon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Location Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Based on all the information I have received (also note Warren's photo above) the non-cored area is on the angled portion of the starboard sponson at the rear. Upon closer inspection yesterday, after about 6" forward of the transom I can see an indentation running forward about another 12". I'm mounting my transducer right in the middle of that area.

My particular instructions said the transducer needs to be within 5 degrees of level with a perpendicular plane to the very bottom of the boat. As near as I can determine, the angle of the sponson up from the very bottom is about 14 degrees.

The stuff I used (GE Silicone II) was recommended the instructions. (http://airmartechnology.com/uploads/InstallGuide/17-217-01.pdf)
It has worked well in our shower so I figured it would work well on the boat. Ah well....I assume it will not cure over the course of today (considering it was not solidified at all in 20 hours) and I will remove the housing and mop it up. Once cleaned I will reset the housing with 4200 and be done with it. I will fill the housing with non-toxic antifreeze (polypropylene glycol) as a suggested alternative to mineral oil. I splash tomorrow afternoon so I will find out soon if it all works.

Former owner of Napoleon (Tomcat) Hull #65 w/Counter Rotating Suzuki 150's.
matt_unique

City/Region: Boston
State or Province: MA
Vessel Name: Napoleon
Photos: Napoleon
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Depth Reply with quote

The depth gauge worked like a champ! I have bottom lock at all speeds (though I was not looking when briefly at WOT today). I cruised over a dive site I know very well and the depth was accurate - 109'.

So far I'm pleased with the 600W Airmar transducer on a Raymarine St-40 Depth Gauge.

Thanks for the help!
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, Matt, on a successful installation. 'Looks like you checked out all the alternatives and finally arrived at a workable solution for you.

Have fun,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: