The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Home Page Question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Home Page Question... Reply with quote

On the home page, there is a feature that worked well for a while, but no longer works (at least, for me).

In the upper righthand box, I'm told: "Welcome, Casey..." Then it tells me there have been (Xx) messages since I was last online. Clicking on that portion of the message formerly took me to a new page that showed all 2, 11, 50, or whatever messages. Quite useful....

For some time now, all I get is a screen that says something like "...no messages for your search parameters" (that's not the exact wording...).

Do I need to reset something on my computer??

Thx / Casey
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get a message like that if nobody has posted since you last visited.

Before you click it next time, verify the number inside the parens is greater than zero - if so, let me know and I'll offer up some suggestions. If there is a problem, I think it's on your end - it's been working fine on mine.

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there is a problem, I think it's on your end - it's been working fine on mine.

Spoken like a true techie!! You gotta admit, though, it's still a lot better treatment than the poor old beer guy got on the Sequim thread.

I finally changed my IE settings so that C-Brats is not my home page. We have all these hooligans running around our house nowadays, and they like to click up the internet once in a while to look at other sites, and it cancels out my list of new messages when they breeze through here getting to where they're going. I use the auto-login for the site, and the stupid computer can't tell the difference between an old guy or some little girlie-girls.

You also have the option of clicking on Forums and then choosing to display messages posted in the last day, or week, or month, or millenium. I check that once in a while if I think I might have missed something good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: