The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Canvas Cover for Ranger 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steamboat_Willie

City/Region: northern
State or Province: NJ
Vessel Name: Steamboat Willie
Photos: Steamboat Willie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Canvas Cover for Ranger 21 Reply with quote

We picked up our Ranger 21 from our dealer last weekend here in NJ. I wanted to mention that the canvas cover that we ordered from the dealer was VERY well done and we are extremely pleased with it.

[/url]http://beaker.smugmug.com/photos/277167363_53aXX-L.jpg[img]

The canvas shop now has patterns for the boat and I'm happy to pass along their contact info if that would be of help to anyone.
Ed
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: new 21, canvas cover Reply with quote

Ed, Congratulations on the new Tug and there is no doubt you are in for some good times on it. We are always glad to see others with the boats and are looking forward to what you do on it and any things you do to it. Get them to assign you an album and let us see pictures of the boat and the canvas cover. Have fun!
Ron

Steamboat_Willie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out why I can't correctly embed a tag for an image. must be doing something wrong.

those photos are here: http://beaker.smugmug.com/gallery/4687091_3npRm#277167363
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: album set-up Reply with quote

Ed, Thanks for the pictures. Both the boat and the cover look great. In fact the owners look quite happy. Did you contact Da Nag or Tyboo for an album? Go to Help at the top right and go to set up a photo album. To be as technically challenged as I am it was still easy once they set the album for me. Look to hearing and seeing more from you on the site.

Ron
Texas Steve

City/Region: Fairview
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-21 EC Tug
Vessel Name: Slow 'n Easy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Top for R21-EC Reply with quote

Congratulations on your new purchase! I know you'll enjoy yours as well as we are enjoying ours. The "wow" factor when you're on the water is unbelievable! Wait until you see how economical she is to operate!

I'm wondering if your source would have a solution for my R21-EC with a mast? One of the few tedious items is getting the boat adequately covered. Please share the information about your vendor so I can pursue it. One question... are the top ribs in the cockpit part of the cover or did you order the canvas top for yours?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try this for you...you closed the tags correctly but the first one needs to img not url:

Code:

[img]http://beaker.smugmug.com/photos/277167363_53aXX-L.jpg[/img]

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Steamboat_Willie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, thanks for pointing out my error with the incorrect tag. Much appreciated. Steve, the canvas vendor is Lippincott Marine, 74 Norman Avenue, Riverside, NJ 08075 (856) 764-8282 The owner's son Matt Lippincott is the fellow who actually constructed the cover for us. We found both the boat dealer (Winter's Sailing Center) and the canvas vendor to be good people to work with. I must say that Matt's workmanship on the canvas is excellent. I'm sure he could easily accomodate the tower for a cover as he already has his patterns from the cover he made for our 21EC. And he also has the luxury of having numerous 21's sitting right there in the Ranger dealer's yard from which he can readily take any additional measurements he may need to accomodate a tower. His office is in the same building as the boat dealer. I did ask Matt if they ship UPS and he said yes, all the time. Based on the product and service we experienced from them, we'd very much recommend them as a source for covers. Oh, the ribs you see under the canvas above the cockpit is the tubing from the canopy frame which we always leave in place.
We also have the tower on our 21EC but have opted to always remove the tower prior to installing the canvas cover since it's already down as we trailer the boat home. You might want to inquire if it's practical for them to make the mast cover removable (w/zipper) so that it's a little easier to remove the rest of the cover off the boat AND an alternate "dummy" cover in the case where you might wish to cover the boat WITHOUT the tower erected.

Hope this info is helpful.
Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: