The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY??
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 279, 280, 281  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY?? Reply with quote

From: Stimpy's Dad (Original Message) Sent: 1/10/2003 5:40 PM

Beer HI ALL, Beer

I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE NICE TO KEEP UP ON EVERYONES BOAT PROJECTS AND THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO START A THREAD.
TODAY MY SON COLLIN AND I REMOVED ALL OF THE TEAK OFF OF THE STIMPY AND STARTED REFINISHING IT.
WE ALSO STARTED THE REMODELING ON THE STARBOARD LAZERETTE AREA TO PROVIDE A MOUNTING PLACE FOR THE 5 GALLON PROPANE CYLINDER FOR THE DICKINSON HEATER AND REPOSITIONING THE BATTERY AND BILGE PUMP..
THIS LEAD US TO THE DECISION TO TEAR OUT ALL OF THE WIRING AND START A COMPLETE RENOVATION OF THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM INCLUDING ADDING AN ADDITIONAL 6 SWITCH PANNEL.

IT APPEARS THAT WE WON'T BE LACKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO FOR THE NEXT DAY OR SO!!

REGARDS TO ALL, DOUG ON "STIMPY" Beer Beer

PS: AND IT IS NOT CHEAP BEER. Beer

Last edited by TyBoo on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Number One thread of all time in the original C-Brat Pub: This One!! In a couple months shy of a year, it reached 944 posts. It was looking like the Stimpster was going to break a thousand, and we weren't sure that MSN could handle it, so that's the real reason we had to start a new site! Well, not really, but this thread was too good to leave, and Doug missed the hints about firing up a new one over here, so the originating post has been copied to this board, replete with the all-caps and beer mugs!

Now then - let's have at 'er!!

Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: OK!! Reply with quote

Yesterday... Da-oooh! I already broke the rules, but here goes... Wink

I discovered some moisture in the marine carpet lining remaining from the last cold trip out. The carpeting eliminates the "drippy cave syndrome (C-Dorys are notorious for) but, collects moisture when your out and about with cabin heat going.

All I do is; open the cabin door and put a huge Costco fan on the floor at the door opening, and let it spin a day! gone is the moisture in the cabin lining

Last edited by Redƒox on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, Glad it's here.

Spent part of my day cleaning stuff off the boat so I can get started on the Bark-O-Lounger so now I can get the tape and start measuring and buying the material. Guess what Judy is getting for Christmas this year.
I'll keep the progress up to date since there seems to be a fair amount of interest on this subject.
Another part of my day was spent cleaning and defrosting the freezer. Need to be ready for smelt season ya know. Tomorrow it's back to work for a pitiful 8 hours. That must be why TyBoo has a 25 and ours is only a 22.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's more like it!!

Redƒox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrr my son Thumbs Up
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Looks great, Mike. Here's what Helen O' looks like now.

TyBoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture, Shamrock Man! If I get a chance before dark tonight I'll get a shot of the TyBoo hooked up and ready to roll.
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell I'm running with the Irish? Wife was born and raised in Ireland. She has regular talks with the leprechauns and has even been known to take a broom to the backside of a few of them if they get out of line. Mr. Green
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry -

A broom to the backside of a "few" of the leprechauns, or maybe one taller one in particular?
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't today, but it was Saturday that I took the TyBoo 25 out for it's first open water spin. There were six people and two dogs aboard for the first run above idle. With the 13" pitch prop, she saw a little over 20 knots at 5600 rpm wide open. I'm thinking that maybe a 15" pitch will be the choice for the normal cruising conditions.

The Honda 130 ran real nice. It was a little louder than I expected. Not bad, but definitely louder than the Honda 75 on the CD 22.

The ride was smooth, too, as you can see from the picture David took of the contented mutts. Well - Elliot isn't too sure he likes the little guy up there on his shelf, but the little mutt doesn't care much about what anyone thinks.

stevej

City/Region: Gaston
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Shearwater
Photos: Shearwater
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everyone is settling in on the new Tyboo Mike.
Last full throttle run I made was with two people, loads of equipment full gas and water. Topped out at 26 mph 4900 rpm.

Have to admit that the 13" pitch prop sounds a bit small Mike. My 115 Yamaha and your 130 have the same final drive ratio 2 to 1. The Yamaha rpm range is 5000 - 5500 Honda is 5000 - 6000. My Yamaha is running a 17" pitch. Seems like your Honda would would spin a 16 or 17.
The propusle has pitch adjustments from 15" to 21"

About to get Shearwater back on the water, Just finished cleaning the carbon off the heads, pistons and exhaust ports. Replaced the head, exhaust and water jacket gaskets and the internal zincs. Spent 10 hours waxing the hull. Pulled and resealed all of the screws in the transom (trim tabs, transducers, cable guides...) and replaced the external zincs.

Going to replace and reseal the transom drains next then back to the covered moorage on the columbia (nice in the winter) for a bunch of winter projects.

stevej

1995 25' Cruise Ship #3
Stimpys Dad

City/Region: COFFMAN COVE
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Stimpy
Photos: Stimpy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer HI ALL Beer
WE SOLD THE HOUSE IN EUGENE AGAIN TODAY, TO CELEBRATE I WENT OUT AND DRAINED THE STIMPY'S FUEL TANKS, MAN AM I GLAD THAT I DID THAT. EVEN WITH THE GAS STABIL IN IT THAT STUFF WAS UGLY. BROUGHT THE BATTERIES IN WITH ME FOR A DEEP SLOW RECHARGE. MIKE YOU WILL SEE THE STIMPY ON THE WATER SHORTLY. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT NEW DODGE? WHAT SORT OF INITIAL MPG DID YOU GET?
REGARDS, STIMPSTER
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not doing anything on the boat, because I don't have one right now, but I am doing something for it. I have a bunch of West Marine Dollars and an additional discount coupon courtesy of a geat friend (thanks, friend!). Now I'm up at my dad's, and he and I are going to the new WM just down the street in Tigard. I'm going to pick up a bunch of electrical hardware for turning the CD25 into a true TyBoo.

I don't have to buy a windlass, though. My dork dad felt suddenly flush and ordered one up for our Christmas present. What a guy!

Good thing I brought the one-ton Dodge, because I might get a lot of stuff. I hope Kay lets me back in the house when I get home.
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew!

Now I can breath again and fire the 24-hour guard. Was sure there would be a huge hole in the bow of the old TyBoo some dark and rainy night.

Congrats, Mike. Ya done good buddy. Finally left the house and Little Buddy is still afloat. Good sight. Hope the new C-Salt floats when we put the plug in and fit the slip... much to do, but that will happen. Les is swamped, so guess who.

Love them Dawgs,

Dusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 279, 280, 281  Next
Page 1 of 281

Jump to: