The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Permatrims installed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Mac

City/Region: Chehalis
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mary Ellen
Photos: Mary Ellen
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Permatrims installed Reply with quote

The Mary Ellen is a 2001 22' Cruiser with twin 40HP Hondas. The only complaint I have had is not having the ability to have lateral trim for uneven loads. I read where several were happy with Permatrim fins so I looked up the web site and also talked to the US distributer via e-mail. I am not easily convinced but I decided to give them a try. I am happy to report that I am very pleased with the quality of the product and they do as advertised. Just the slightest touch of the trim switch and the boat reacts. I think trim tabs would be better with a single engine, but with twins the Permatrims do what I wanted. Anyone else tried them on twins?
I will post a couple of pictures of the new Permatrims in the Mary Ellen album. Happy boating, Big Mac.
Chuck S

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Amelia Anne
Photos: Amelia Anne
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are photos of my single Honda 50 mounted Permatrim in Amelia Anne's photo album.

This replaced the Honda-packaged SST hydrofoil I use last season. The lift from the SST foil made for some very strange handling in turns and the boat would often take a heel and stay there.

Permatrim seems much better. I've not noticed any difference is WOT speed.

-- Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: