City/Region: Richmond
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Alma's Only
Photos: Alma's Only
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick:

I checked our log book, and the Rideau Boating & Road Guide, and found that the hesitation/stall problems I experienced began immediately after taking on gas at Aylings Boatyard, Merrickville, Ontario, on Saturday, August 25, 2007. This was before the long run to Pirates Cove, and the first time on our trip where the motor acted up.

As I recall, I radioed after the hesitation began while cruising. Then, it took the form of hesitation when advancing the throttle. I seem to recall that you or Dun had noticed something after taking on gas, but not as pronounced as I experienced. When we got to Pirates Cove, I got a full stall after waiting at idle for a slip, and then throttling forward.

I have several theories on what's causing this, but want to try out one adjustment to the motor before having that discussion. Any of this jog your memory?

david

Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Yes, I was thinking of that fuel stop when I suggested correlating mutual fuel stops with the hesitation. I also remember some other mutual fuelings and got the data from my log.

8/25/07 - Peter Ayling Marina at 1545, then we cruised thru 4 locks and stopped for the night at 1900 at Pirate’s Cove. I don’t remember that I had any engine problem, and there is no entry in my log.

9/14/06 – Just before Waterford, you and I got gas about 1600, before entering the flight of 5. No mention of engine problems in my log.
9/11/06 - Marina at Brewerton where many of us got gas along with showers in the AM. Then we crossed Oneida. No problems noted.

9/14/05 – Pittsford got gas at lunch time at the convenience store just before center of town. No problems logged.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: