The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Port Harvey Resort request
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Got a reply also Reply with quote

My note got a reply. Hope the nice lady is not being bothered. Not sure from the topic chain if there is some issue at hand but wish them the best. By the way, I hope they were able to get some of the trash and debris out, looked like my backyard!!!
Bob
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was from their Face Book, posted by George. They are trying to rebuild their resort after their main barge sunk, and now they are having to go through all the permitting processes again. That is the issue.

Quote:
Quote:
We have had to apply for an amendment to our Commercial Moorage lease to allow for the retail store and restaurant that we have operated for many years to be allowed to continue operation. We are asking if any people who have visited our facility could send an email supporting this amendment application.
Emails can be sent to diane.elliott@gov.bc.ca with a copy to us at portharveymarine@gmail.com
Subject File 1413024
We really appreciate any support in this, thank you

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this up Tim and Harvey. I've not been up there before, but the Facebook page was a good read and inspired a letter of support for a future visit, hopefully within the next year. Harvey's description in the other thread definitely puts this destination within reach of even us lowly weekend warriors!

-Mike

hardee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Thanks for bringing this up Tim and Harvey. I've not been up there before, but the Facebook page was a good read and inspired a letter of support for a future visit, hopefully within the next year. Harvey's description in the other thread definitely puts this destination within reach of even us lowly weekend warriors!

-Mike

Mike, Thanks for the support for the Port Harvey folks. They are good people.

And yes, it could be a weekend destination. Because of the ferry ticket I choose to go for more than an weekend, but yes, you could do it in a 16 on a weekend, weather depending, of course. I have seen some incredibly small and diverse boats in the area, and a 16 C-Dory would be way above the qualifications of some of them - (14 ft open aluminum fishing skiff, a 13 ft open row boat, a 17ft Gruman Squareback canoe, a 12 ft open inflatable are the ones that come to mind immediately.)

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know Harvey! If making the trip up I would hope to do it taking a week off of work with two weekends giving at least 9 days for travel up, boating, and travel back, towing the 22. But now that you mention it a quick 3 or 4 day trip in the car towing the 16 might be fun too!

-Mike
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Good to know Harvey! If making the trip up I would hope to do it taking a week off of work with two weekends giving at least 9 days for travel up, boating, and travel back, towing the 22. But now that you mention it a quick 3 or 4 day trip in the car towing the 16 might be fun too!

-Mike

Mike, I would highly recommend the 9 days on the 22. Sorry, I forgot you had the 22 and was just thinking about the 16. AND, you'll save more money on the ferry trip if you take the 22. Be sure to go both ways on the "Oversize special" days with BC Ferries.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted a report on a hearing on the land zoning use request active at Port Harvey. The thread is here.

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?p=310517#310517

Sure hope we get to still continue the use at Port Harvey Marine Resort for time to come.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: