The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Thataway
Shower head and control, recessed in aft deck
From: cmetzenberg (cmetzenberg)  Mon Dec 10 02:50:56 2018
Where did you mount this exactly? I'm thinking about putting one of these in

AC air handler inside--the headliner and insullation will cover up the wood frame
From: retnavy (retnavy)  Wed Feb 16 08:25:20 2011
Who did you buy your A/C from? Very nice install by the way.

From: Gowaltergo (Gowaltergo)  Sat Dec 6 22:38:11 2014
Why did you sell your 255?
I'm looking for a like new loaded 255
Now, any suggestions?

gap under the galley fiddle rail
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:08:10 2008
I have a fair gap on my galley fiddle rails, as well.

caulking on aft cabin bulkhead completed.  12 oz of urethane caulk required to fill voids
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:09:02 2008
Very glad I saw this photo. While mine's a 25' Cruiser, I'm going to check just the same.

Stove vent, too high so that fiddle does not fit down on counter
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:07:34 2008
I hear ya. Mine was cracked when I picked up the boat.

New hand rails, aft cabin top outboard
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:10:09 2008
This is a great idea - I may do the same on my 25' Cruiser.

Sheeves on davit arm end
From: Ray (Ray)  Mon Oct 27 14:24:42 2014
Really nice how you had the arm painted with a relaxing scene for looks!

Nonskid surface rolled out on the new cockpit floor
From: Tug (Tug)  Thu Jan 21 14:24:38 2010
Do you remember what type (name )of the non-skid surface that you applied.

Final prep shows void in non marine plywood.  The top layer of glass was only about 1/8 to 3/16
From: mikeporterinmd (mikeporterinmd)  Tue May 22 21:17:52 2007
Interesting the number of plys in that plywood. I forget how many layers are in the piece of marine ply I have outside, but I think it's more than the five I think I can count here.

Screw holes for bilge pump in cabin step sump, ground out and filled with epoxy, so no screws into core
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:19:47 2008
Great idea - I'm going to look into this since it's a new 25' I might start to save myself some harder work down the road.

Note the dirt on the foreward lip, and no bedding on the frame.
From: mikeporterinmd (mikeporterinmd)  Sun Jun 3 21:15:08 2007
Bedding a hatch properly is one of the first things I had to learn to do...it is also not all that hard.

initial photo after the \
From: mikeporterinmd (mikeporterinmd)  Sun Jun 3 21:13:33 2007
Stuff like this has been going on since the 80s. Probably longer. You would think they would care a little more. Cost me $4,000 on a Searay, and friend an entire winter's worth of work on a 32' Wellcraft.

Final layer of epoxy, and 10 oz glass covering the hole, with two layers of 10 oz glass covering and tying the void in the foreward area--all water tight.
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:23:53 2008
Nice work.

Fast set epoxy
From: dgeorges (dgeorges)  Tue Dec 11 21:58:51 2018
LOVE THIS STUFF!I've used it in many places on my boat.

Railing on foreward cabin house CD 25
From: eNORMous (eNORMous)  Sun Aug 31 00:26:40 2008
Another great spot for a rail.

Manson Supreme on pulpit Tom Cat
From: retnavy (retnavy)  Sun Sep 18 19:52:41 2011
Is that the best all around anchor for the cat in your opinion?

Eclipse moon
From: South of Heaven (South of Heaven)  Fri Jan 1 19:46:27 2016
Cool pic.

Album: Untitled
[view comments for this nested album]

DSC00757
From: Tug (Tug)  Sat Dec 3 17:19:14 2011
Neat stuff!

DSC00832
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:53:54 2012
Mill Bastard file to remove any plating on top of adaptor

DSC00833
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:54:31 2012
File to remove plating around the area of the adaptor where the solder will fill in the holes from the outer housing

DSC00835
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:55:29 2012
The outer braid is stripped back and then laid over the tinned part of the adaptor. This is then heated and solder sweated into the braid.

DSC00836
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:55:54 2012
Close up of soldering the braid to adaptor

DSC00840
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:57:01 2012
The adaptor has been tinned with solder. The inner insulation has been cut back except about 1/4", and then a metal washer, and next a teflon washer are put over the insulation.

DSC00843
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:57:54 2012
Small amounts of solder are sweated into the holes on the body of the PL 259 after the center conductor is soldered to the inner pin.

DSC00844
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 12:58:26 2012
Holes are filled with solder, slightly concave.

DSC00841
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 13:02:29 2012
center conductor in place ready to be soldered to the center pin of PL 259. Solder only to the center conductor and let it wick down to the brass center pin, filling the top part of it.

DSC00842
From: thataway (thataway)  Thu Mar 15 13:05:58 2012
Center Conductor filled with solder and excess cut off.

DSC00942
From: joefish (joefish)  Tue Feb 5 00:20:54 2013
Should've known a girl from Mississippi could catch fish. Nice!

Bad snap
From: bridma (bridma)  Sat Aug 4 18:43:44 2012
Vaseline or chapstick all snap poppers once a month. Less likely to break.

Crane davit over top
From: shellndanm (shellndanm)  Fri May 23 18:04:21 2014
starting to look like a lobster boat, awesome

Album: Thisaway: Lake Powell, 2014
[view comments for this nested album]

Album: Pre and post gathering the Andersons and Austins
[view comments for this nested album]

Album: Apalachicola, Oct. 2014 gathering at RiverCrest
[view comments for this nested album]

Album: Untitled
[view comments for this nested album]

Pat and Patty finally drink a proper toast to Patty\'s birthday, and completion of the great Loop
From: Catman (Catman)  Wed Feb 14 00:18:53 2018
Congratulations, Pat and Patty!

Powered by Gallery v1

Page generation time: 1550272678.7s (PHP: 100% - SQL: 0%) - SQL queries: 8 - GZIP disabled - Debug on